The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I have my bator on to get it to the rigt temp and when i open it it smells like bleach and i cleaned it with soap and water and vinegar with water will it just go away or what??? It isn't as strong so i think its going away

Nate, what I do, and I also use bleach, is..after rinsing real well with cold water, not the top of course..I do put the top back on and turn up the heat. I get it up around 106 and let it stay on for a couple of hrs. It gets warm enough to clean the top and when it is dry, the bleach smell is gone.

I had ducklings due to hatch tomorrow. Ducky Girl abandoned the nest and let them freeze last night. I almost had an early hatcher. All 11 babies were fully formed and one was trying to hatch. I'm not happy with that duck right now. :banghead:

I had ducklings due to hatch tomorrow. Ducky Girl abandoned the nest and let them freeze last night. I almost had an early hatcher. All 11 babies were fully formed and one was trying to hatch. I'm not happy with that duck right now. :banghead:

Oh Raz! I am so sorry!!!
hugs.gif

Wow. I am sorry Ducky Girl abandoned her nest. I had a duck to abandoned her nest last Spring due to a predator. But the weather was warm and I was able to save 8 eggs and hatched them in my incubator. Do you think Ducky Girl abandoned the nest due to an invader predator attached?

I got my turkey eggs in the sportsman today. Do I post here how many are in there or am I to send a message to someone?

Also Sunday I'm going to look at and hopefully buy a broken wine cooler to turn into a hatcher. I'm so looking forward to that project. I estimate it will be a long project but it should be fun.

Quote: x2

My sportsman will be here Monday according to FEDEX!
woot.gif

I'll be able to set in it for easter!
Yay!
clap.gif

I got my turkey eggs in the sportsman today. Do I post here how many are in there or am I to send a message to someone?

Also Sunday I'm going to look at and hopefully buy a broken wine cooler to turn into a hatcher. I'm so looking forward to that project. I estimate it will be a long project but it should be fun.
We'll be collecting those numbers soon. Look for the post asking for everyone to post their numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom