The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone else needs eggs, I am also willing to send some out! I have some pretty interesting mix breeds. :)
I wish I could make my hens go broody when I needed them to cause I would love to have some interesting mix breeds. Most of my hens are mixed breeds

I wish I could make my hens go broody when I needed them to cause I would love to have some interesting mix breeds. Most of my hens are mixed breeds
i am in the same boat but I am hoping I can count on my game girls to broody the same time as last year :)

Get you some ceramic eggs and put them in a nest. About 10 of them! :) See who decides to set on them first? That seemed to always work at my house!

TC

So after ready about everyone and their incubators I definitely want one. I usually depend on broodys. Any have any ideas on selling my husband on the idea of chicks in the house.I get a funny face every time I bring it up lol

I mentioned it, got that funny face many yrs. ago, found a real good out of the place from him, and went for it. He has since then, come a long way to say the least. He now knows when to ask, isn't it about time for your eggs to hatch..any pips yet? When they do start pipping..any zipping yet? When they do hatch, how are they doing..get a good hatch this time?
And when it comes to me deciding on which hen to sell, he sometimes asks, you are selling Reba?! She's one of the sweetest ones out there.
lol.png

I'm so excited for my first hatch along. I have only hatched eggs 3 times and only had 12 survive out of the 4 dozen I've tryed so far... and to this day I only have 4 left alive
hmm.png
had some die from my one dog that learned how to unlatch the chicken run door! And we'll let's say he found a new nice home the next day... and no not the pound. And then 3 decided to fly out of there run to play with my other dogs and I guess we can call that a crime of opportunity:/ so now I have 1 rooster and 8 hens. So I'm looking forward to some new chicks soon. I'm thinking of making my own incubator for the HAL has anyone used a small space heater to use in a home made cabinet bator?

Anyone here try a space heater? I've heard of a lot of different ideas on here.

I wasn't sure if that was supposed to be a secret as well, I'll be setting Silkies, Faverolles, and hopefully some mottled Houdans. I may do some Welch harlequins ducks too, they laid their first egg today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom