The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't sure if that was supposed to be a secret as well, I'll be setting Silkies, Faverolles, and hopefully some mottled Houdans. I may do some Welch harlequins ducks too, they laid their first egg today.

@ParklandPoultry those are Welch Harlequin duck babies in the post above you...the greeting to BYC...on page 32. My favorite duck. Can't keep ducks where I am, but wanted the experience of hatching them..I love that the female duck is pretty as well as the male.

Egg-Hatched-easter-egg-yolk-smiley-emoticon-000724-huge.png

I am in!

I would be interested for the HAL. I started a Frizzle pen also. So far a partridge roo, red hen and black hen.
the way I got smooth in is my rooster, originally from the NYD hal 2 years ago, hes my Japanese bantam X silkie I call a jappie. the chicks would end up having 25% Japanese in them if that's okay with you. Pm me if youd like more info!

I wasn't sure if that was supposed to be a secret as well, I'll be setting Silkies, Faverolles, and hopefully some mottled Houdans. I may do some Welch harlequins ducks too, they laid their first egg today.
Hi! Welcome and please tell me where are you getting your Houdan hatching eggs? Are you actively breeding them? I have ordered a bunch from Urch Turnland and am looking forward to getting to know the breed and possibly working with them in the future.
big_smile.png

My three hens came in a surplus special last spring and my rooster was purchased in a local feed store last spring. Mine are a work in progress and I'm currently looking for better breeding stock. I can't find how you order from Urch-Turnland but I did google them. I have more coming from Cackle but they seem to run fairly light colored. The only rooster I could find is not bearded so I'll be replacing him as soon as I can find a better one. I was pretty happy to find him though since I searched for months and couldn't locate one.

I plan on doing an Easter hatch, but I am going a day later in hopes that I get some that actually hatch on EASTER. So I will be setting mine on the 15th instead.
idunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom