The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan on doing an Easter hatch, but I am going a day later in hopes that I get some that actually hatch on EASTER. So I will be setting mine on the 15th instead.
idunno.gif
Same, Easter day chicks would be fun

My three hens came in a surplus special last spring and my rooster was purchased in a local feed store last spring. Mine are a work in progress and I'm currently looking for better breeding stock. I can't find how you order from Urch-Turnland but I did google them. I have more coming from Cackle but they seem to run fairly light colored. The only rooster I could find is not bearded so I'll be replacing him as soon as I can find a better one. I was pretty happy to find him though since I searched for months and couldn't locate one.
Try this email for Urch [email protected] and ask for their pricelist. They handle orders through snail mail and do not have a website. I just placed an order last week by typing up what we wanted totaling it out and sending off. They only accept orders in increments of 25 and they only sell unsexed chicks. I am really excited to get my mottled babies from them in April
wee.gif

Try this email for Urch [email protected] and ask for their pricelist. They handle orders through snail mail and do not have a website. I just placed an order last week by typing up what we wanted totaling it out and sending off. They only accept orders in increments of 25 and they only sell unsexed chicks. I am really excited to get my mottled babies from them in April
wee.gif

Same, Easter day chicks would be fun
I think so. It's a quiet holiday for us, so it won't be interfering with anything and the thought of little chicks popping out between basket opening, egg finding and dinner just makes it that much more special. Just hope they adhere to the timeline...lol

I am very sad, this is the first year since I found out about the easter hatch a long that I can't participate. I am due to have a baby april 2nd, so hatching chicks that week seems like a bad idea. haha (I am actually hatching all my chicks for the year right now) I hope to follow along and "hatch vicariously" through you guys. fingers crossed for lots of healthy spring chicks!

Last edited:
I think so. It's a quiet holiday for us, so it won't be interfering with anything and the thought of little chicks popping out between basket opening, egg finding and dinner just makes it that much more special. Just hope they adhere to the timeline...lol

It's also a quiet one for us. Thinking I'll just set them on the date set here, because inevitably they take a couple of days to hatch. Before, on, and after the set date is what I can expect.

I am very sad, this is the first year since I found out about the easter hatch a long that I can't participate. I am due to have a baby april 2nd, so hatching chicks that week seems like a bad idea. haha (I am actually hatching all my chicks for the year right now) I hope to follow along and "hatch vicariously" through you guys. fingers crossed for lots of healthy spring chicks!
FC01826.jpg

This is always fun news. Hopefully we will end up seeing photos of some of these kind of cute little feet...and the baby when you have it. Thank you for following along...always fun to have extra input!

I plan on doing an Easter hatch, but I am going a day later in hopes that I get some that actually hatch on EASTER. So I will be setting mine on the 15th instead.
idunno.gif
No problem!

Sorry you can't participate, but in your situation, it's totally understandable. Maybe you will "hatch" a human chick for the Hatchalong!
lau.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom