The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on all you hatchers let's get your numbers set posted so we can get on with it. Am sure wanting to know how many are set for this Hatch-A-Long. Not just because I want to win, but am courious as to how many are set.

Last edited:
Come on all you hatchers let's get your numbers set posted so we can get on with it. Am sure wanting to know how many are set for this Hatch-A-Long. Not just because I want to win, but am courious as to how many are set.
xs 2....I keep telling myself the wait is just a practice for lockdown/hatch....lol Lord knows I could use some patience, but I'm anxious to get those numbers up there too. I want to figure out my guess for the hatches...lol

I keep getting asked by my hubby and roommate what happens if all 40 eggs hatch. I have to keep telling them

1) I set 48 eggs
b) Haven't you ever heard "Don't count your chickens before they've hatched"

but I am really only one chicken short of the 20 chicken limit I set for myself, but some of those are silkies and frizzles, so they don't really count as a full "one," do they?!

I keep getting asked by my hubby and roommate what happens if all 40 eggs hatch. I have to keep telling them

1) I set 48 eggs

but I am really only one chicken short of the 20 chicken limit I set for myself, but some of those are silkies and frizzles, so they don't really count as a full "one," do they?!
They count as 0.02 chickens each. That way, it would take 40 silkies and frizzles to reach your 20 chicken limit.

I love chicken math!

1) I set 48 eggs

They only count as a third
wink.png

wow when did you set them? Sat the 14th? What are you using to candle? That's amazing for only 4 days!

I sat them on the 14th, dang that is day 4 lol oops. It is a small flat LED flashlight, I stole it from my father so I have no idea where he got it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom