The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calico is a color
What I meant to ask is Calico indicative to a specific breed of chicken.
wink.png

I am getting really good at speed reading on this thread! :D  Hopefully I haven't missed responding to anyone.
So I finished lock down last night. One incubator has 39 of my mixed breed large fowl. I put my divider in my other incubator but only ended up putting 16 of my mixed breed bantams in there and 11 shipped quail. I put my only remaining shipped Serama egg in there too but I'm pretty sure it quit. All of my other shipped eggs that made it this far are "sorted" under the broodies. I now have 6 serious broodies so I figured I would put them to good use and hopefully get that out of their system early this year.:fl
My day 21 starts about midnight tomorrow night but I have at least 7 pips already this evening. I don't work tomorrow so I'll have to find something to do so I don't stare at the incubators all day. 
My divider looks kind of sadly empty. Guess I'll have to set more next time!!!

Last edited:
I have a lot of pips. I have to keep reminding myself, that I set them just past midnight on the 13th..so, the 14th. These babies are going to start hatching at night.. Oh well, when I hear them cheap .. loudly.. I will know. They usually come out crying like a baby.
big_smile.png

Looks like my boy I just sold. He was a bantam. Pretty cute. And, that partridge silkie..Have one like her. They are called Morehead silkies when they have black head feathers.
huh. really? i didnt know that! i bred a sizzle partridge and a 50% silkie 50% japanese bantam. trying to start a "large tailed frizzle silkie" project from it. she came out EXACTLY silkie features, while her brother had white skin.

bro

mom

dad

do you know where her solid black couldve came from?

Last edited:
What I meant to ask is Calico indicative to a specific breed of chicken. ;)

Okay, so I googled It, apparently the calico is a cull of the Mille fleur...too much white...

I think they're beautiful...

I bred This pair, one of the chicks I shared earlier is from them, and the three I have in the incubator...

I'm pretty sure its just a color...I wanted to see what I'd get by breeding these two...

The first hatch, I got the eggs mixed up and lost track of which was which... The Ones in the incubator now are separated...there's 3...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom