The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he seems alright, let him be for a while, and check every so often.

If they have unabsorbed yolk or can't get the legs under and seem to be getting trampled, sometimes I stick them in a Tupperware cup in the incubator.
Yep, he absorbed the yolk. And I already moved him out of the one incubator to the incubator that only had another that just hatched.

I have had the very same thing happen today too. My first time incubating a couple of my Amber links eggs. Same Dad (silver lace polish frizzle) and two completely different chicks. The first one to hatch is a very dark brown with a comb visable and dark legs. The second a light black colour body with a grey/white head and no comb with pink legs. I wasn't sure what to expect with these two eggs but I would have least thought the two chicks would have been the same colour. I just have to wait now to see if they are going to be frizzle!!

Neato! My sizzle line is of a partridge hen covered by a japanese bantam silkie cross. I had 50% black chicks 50% white chicks. Aome had black skin some white. Normally 50% is frizzle too, so you have a good chance of 1 being frizzle. Either way, both will carry the gene

She kinda looks like she's swimming? Shes just scooting around on her bum and hocks with her feet up beside her head. Otherwise she's very active and seems very healthy. I tried to straighten her legs a bit but they don't seem to want to.
Sure does sound like what I've had in a few chicks that were fine later. Just make sure she gets some water within a couple of days. The paddle walk. :) She should start trying to stand up soon. May fall on her nose. Then try again.

I've sent 19 babies off already today. Not feeling well enough to take care of all of these! Plus, the gal that brought me some..brought me..some! Too many. lol...it was fun waiting to see what would hatch though.

Hey Drey..got a NN from a big ol blue egg!

I heard my first peeps and I went to check on them and I have my first pip!!! I've never made it this far in incubation before, how amazing!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
Awesome! So glad to hear they're hatching!

@mlmddh Ok, final count is 20 chicks hatched.

I have to say this has been one of my best hatches in a long time.

Also, I just realized that I now have 40 chicks in the brooder. 20 shipped and 20 hatched. I swear there is something wrong with me.
lol.png

She kinda looks like she's swimming? Shes just scooting around on her bum and hocks with her feet up beside her head. Otherwise she's very active and seems very healthy. I tried to straighten her legs a bit but they don't seem to want to.

Sure does sound like what I've had in a few chicks that were fine later.   Just make sure she gets some water within a couple of days.  The paddle walk.  :) She should start trying to stand up soon.  May fall on her nose.  Then try again. 
Someone mentioned slipped hock which has me worried as well. I can make her a sling if that would help but I don't want to stress her if it will go away on its own...I was looking at her and I thought the bantam eggs I had in my bator were from my little game hen but she has feathering down her shanks and 9 toes! Lol Guess she's half silkie. Such a cutie.

@mlmddh Ok, final count is 20 chicks hatched.

I have to say this has been one of my best hatches in a long time.

Also, I just realized that I now have 40 chicks in the brooder. 20 shipped and 20 hatched. I swear there is something wrong with me.
lol.png

You too?
gig.gif
Join the club...Wait...you already did..it's called, BYC, best place to help you feel better about your chicken addiction. Not a whole lot of enablers here..just a few.
wink.png
(I'm one of them)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom