The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did ducks for the fun of it once, for the experience. They are sooo cute..oh wait, I also helped a guy out who had a mother duck die. He wasn't sure how far along they were, but I got 4 to hatch. Sooo cute. I hatch the Welch Harlequin..pretty ducks..even the females. Here is a photo of them as babies .. a while back.

Love their little webbed feet!

And, and, their cute little beaks! lol
AAAWWWEEE! They're so cute! I'm trying to hatch ducks right now from my own duck's eggs. :)

Is it March yet!? This weather is killing me and I want chicks!
barnie.gif
Come on March!!

I ordered eggs to hatch. Isbars, Olive Eggers and Black Copper Marans. Nervous about hatching shipped eggs. First time ever shipping and of course they are coming from the other side of the country. Any tips and advice to help with shipped eggs will be greatly appreciated. Also if my hens cooperate I will be gathering Cream Legbar and Blue Laced Red Wyandotte eggs to hatch also.

I ordered eggs to hatch. Isbars, Olive Eggers and Black Copper Marans. Nervous about hatching shipped eggs. First time ever shipping and of course they are coming from the other side of the country. Any tips and advice to help with shipped eggs will be greatly appreciated. Also if my hens cooperate I will be gathering Cream Legbar and Blue Laced Red Wyandotte eggs to hatch also.

Yep, be sure to let them sit, fat side up, for at least 24 hours before you put them in the incubator. There's really not a lot you can do, but hope for the best :)

How do you like this incubator?

I like it a lot. I think it's very novice friendly. I do have a Little Giant to hatch in, since I did staggered hatches all last spring/summer. I check it throughout the day, but rarely need to do anything. But, when I do hatch in it, it can take some tweaking to get the humidity up. Once it's where it needs to be, it stays put really well, even when I open it. It generally goes right back to where it was within minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom