The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.

My aunt just returned from Vietnam and brought me some postcards that reminded her of me. Haha. It's amazing what the Vietnamese can fit in those bikes! I feel bad for all these chickens, though. This takes the "how many square feet per chicken" debate to a whole new level!

Last edited:
Day 21 on my 'test hatch'. No babies yet..... what could I have done wrong?! I guess all I can do now is wait for day 23 and open them up and have a look. So disappointed, but it makes the Easter hatch so much more fun.
big_smile.png

Day 21 on my 'test hatch'. No babies yet..... what could I have done wrong?! I guess all I can do now is wait for day 23 and open them up and have a look. So disappointed, but it makes the Easter hatch so much more fun. :D

Maybe they are just sleeping in. :lol: There's still hope! If the temp was running just a little low they might be behind schedule a day or so.

Day 21 on my 'test hatch'. No babies yet..... what could I have done wrong?! I guess all I can do now is wait for day 23 and open them up and have a look. So disappointed, but it makes the Easter hatch so much more fun.
big_smile.png
They just may not be ready yet. 21 days is just an average. My very first chick hatched at day 24. Did you wait 24 hours to start counting your days? You don't count the day you set them.

Last edited:

My aunt just returned from Vietnam and brought me some postcards that reminded her of me. Haha. It's amazing what the Vietnamese can fit in those bikes! I feel bad for all these chickens, though. This takes the "how many square feet per chicken" debate to a whole new level!
sad.png
Awww poor chickens...

Day 21 on my 'test hatch'. No babies yet..... what could I have done wrong?! I guess all I can do now is wait for day 23 and open them up and have a look. So disappointed, but it makes the Easter hatch so much more fun. :D
Maybe they will still hatch. I, too, did a test hatch, due to hatch? 2 days ago. One chick actually hatched then, 3 more yesterday, and 5 more last evening/overnight. I guess this is why I do test hatches. Do not give up on yours, and I will keep my fingers crossed for your good luck.

ohhh, the things that keep us happy!

My fan was wired separate from the thermostat. It was plugged directly in and ran constantly.
my fan also is on all the time....if you dont have the fan running all the time you will get hot spots...all incubator that have fans run all the time

My sportsman will be here Monday according to FEDEX!
woot.gif

I'll be able to set in it for easter!

if its coming from the southeast like georgia be aware that most all packages have not moved from fedex...my package is still sitting in georgia and the delivery time is today....and thats not gunna happen...they are having alot of issues with the interstates down there and some of them are actually shut down
so dont expect it to show up on time if it does great...but just to let you know
right from the fed ex website..
The winter storm that brought hazardous conditions across the southeastern and northeastern U.S.

I got my turkey eggs in the sportsman today. Do I post here how many are in there or am I to send a message to someone?

Also Sunday I'm going to look at and hopefully buy a broken wine cooler to turn into a hatcher. I'm so looking forward to that project. I estimate it will be a long project but it should be fun.
you will do great with the wine cooler i have faith in you....alot of people on here to help

Hi there, My very first post. I have set and hatched already this year. My first batch with my new rooster and hens have hatched with 12 out 13 success rate. I was very happy. I am preparing for my second batch and saw this thread and want to join. I have many different breeds that are not separated yet because I saved them from a family who were no longer able to keep them. I am however; looking to separate them by breed soon. So, for now; I am hatching mixed breeds. How does everyone find mixed breeds do for egg laying? Are they better if I separate them? Thank you for the information :)
hello and welcome to byc my fellow chickener.....lol
welcome-byc.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom