The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I looked at all that empty space in that picture and decided to fill more of it after collecting more eggs today. :lol: Add 2 more SFH, 1 more project Am (could be pure black), and 1 White Bresse for a new total of 16. :jumpy

I'm setting 18 eggs. The Blue eggs are from Ebay and I'm not sure they will survive because they were covered in yolk and I had to gently wash them. The rest are from my mixed flock but my rooster is only 13 weeks old so I don't know if they are fertile. I hope I get a few...
wee.gif
There you are! So glad to see them looking so nice! Bet you get some to hatch. Did you see the photo of the ones I got like yours? So discouraging for sure..I had some hatch. Good luck. Glad you are here.

My daughter and I are setting 45...

12 FBCM
12 SFH
21 Olive Egger and EE mixes

They went in a t 4:15 this afternoon.

Last edited:
My eggs have been set!

5 Crested Cream Legbar and 12 Sebright!

wee.gif

I had originally planned on 15 dozen "fertile eating eggs" from Whole Foods, but the order wouldn't arrive for pick-up in time for the hatch-a-long. But this is even better, because these are babies that I am going to pick from to keep for myself! The rest will be gifted to my large extended chicken-farming family.

Back to work now and hoping everyone has fun setting their eggs!

Last edited:
Here are mine. I also have a Farmers...it has a hard plastic around the top of the foam..just the top. Is that how all of those are? All I know is, when I borrowed it last time for the NYD hatch a long, that thing help the temp and the humidity like not other. The gal that had it used coloring in her water to watch the water levels. I don't even use that much water. Couldn't get the stains of red out, but it is working great so far. I set my eggs just past midnight so I could officially say that I set on the 14th. LOL..a little superstitious about the 13th? :D

Check out those beauties from Mitchaelf..that I won in the NYD HAL. Really pretty.
The dark Marans on the bottom..love those olive eggs too from a neighbor.

Hi there-Birdmansmom here. We'll see if I can hatch some little chicks as good as Birdman can! Only going to try my luck at 12 for the first time.
There you are. :) I know your son..from on here that is. Hey, good luck, he just may have started something that you would never believe could have happened to you. Becoming a hatchaholic..
big_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom