The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show of hands… Who set their eggs on SATURDAY the 14th and is still waiting with absolutely no signs of hatching?
frow.gif

hi, I'm unofficially joining in!
I only found this website today, however I started incubating a couple of days after you guys started, so seeing as the rules are + or - a couple of days I'm playing too!
I think I have about 9 left in the incubator, and they are due on Monday.
it's my first time at incubating and I am pretty excited, I am hoping I might get an early arrival on sunday.

so yes I am gate-crashing the party, I have brought my own booze, therefore I am just here to soak up the atmosphere.

Chickens? What chickens? Oh you mean the garden ornaments!
lau.gif

I only found this website today, however I started incubating a couple of days after you guys started, so seeing as the rules are + or - a couple of days I'm playing too!
it's my first time at incubating and I am pretty excited, I am hoping I might get an early arrival on sunday.

so yes I am gate-crashing the party, I have brought my own booze, therefore I am just here to soak up the atmosphere.
That is totally fine.
smile.png
AND
welcome-byc.gif

Show of hands… Who set their eggs on SATURDAY the 14th and is still waiting with absolutely no signs of hatching?
frow.gif
Show of hands… Who set their eggs on SATURDAY the 14th and is happily watching their chicks hatch?
frow.gif

I'm so mean.
gig.gif

Last edited:
I am sorry friend. I had the same issue with my cheap-o bator and finally got a Brinsea. Good luck.
Aw I'm sorry Cynthia :( It is going around, for sure. DH had it today and I keep eating fruit to fight it off - my throat has been trying to get scratchy for the last few days. I hope you feel better soon.
This is really cute. Thanks for sharing :)
Oh isn't she a lovely girl?
I'm so sorry :(
It sure seems like it.

Thanks, I actually did get a Brinsea :D

Congratulations!!!
big_smile.png

I'm glad you are happy with your LG hatch. I'm happy with my LG hatch also. I haven't done my final count yet but I started lockdown with 43 (I should have culled more that had not developed well) and had to through out only 7 eggs after hatching was complete. One of them was a cracked egg that I had put nail polish on two weeks ago. I think I should have about 36 healthy chicks ready to get out of the incubator. I will count them this afternoon and place them in a brooder.

Well done Amy. It takes skill, a lot of luck and help from others to use an LG.
smile.png
Oh and patience!!!
clap.gif
Congrats right back!! You forgot a lot of sleepless nights...lol For three weeks I didn't sleep more than 2 hours at a time in order to check the bator and make sure there were no temps spikes in the middle of the night...lol

Welcome to the chicken hatching madness. So nice that you crashed the party!

Just got home from work and we have 10 fluffy butts hatched out so far! I usually leave them in the incubator for awhile to lessen the heat and humidity loss, but with all the eggs still left to hatch, I'm wondering if I should make some space and put a few in the brooder earlier than I usually do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom