The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jesse, your mother in laws coop is beautiful!
droolin.gif
love.gif

3 So far! That last black one has the start of a comb already! White under belly, white on wing tips! These bantys make for a lot of variety of color... The parents of the pair on the lleft are the 2 Calico Bantys!

I heard my first peeps and I went to check on them and I have my first pip!!! I've never made it this far in incubation before, how amazing!!:celebrate

Ok so have one egg with a single pip about 4 hours ago. How long is too long after the first pip? Just curious...

I've had chicks go from pip to out in anywhere from 15 minutes to a whole day. The ones that took a day had some health issues that slowed them down. On average mine seem to take about 8 hours from pip to out. They do a lot of sleeping-it's hard work!

Happy hatching!!!
wee.gif

The chick just hatched lost this and has just a bit of blood. Is that normal? Sorry I'm a total newby.

Quote: I use a tube to run through a hole and put water in so I don't have to open mine. My humidity was in the 70's and I thought there was no activity going on. I opened it quickly to get a baby that needed placed in a cup. One was zipping on the bottom side of the egg and I shrank wrapped him. Had to help him later to get out. And I was fast, but it didn't matter. I sprayed the bator before closing it and I was not in there long. Someone had even lifted the lid for me slightly, it was a quick in and out, but it didn't matter poor thing. The little guy lived though. My other bator was at 90 so I waited it out till no zipping was happening and make a quick open and shut to lower it. I managed not to shrink wrap any then.

Last edited:
Ok, I have an egg that pipped about 18 hrs ago and then made the whole bigger 6 hrs ago. 2 hrs ago, it seemed like it had started zipping but nothing is happening. It cheeps, responds to knocks on the incubator but not making any effort to zip. At what point shall I help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom