The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok the fellow next door want me to hatch some bantams for him, he called then genetics, he said they have a horn and crown on their head...no this isnt a April fools joke, I'd like to see what they are . Any names would be appreciate. Thank you Sueg
I am never going to catch up reading again 20 more pages

:( gutted. Somebody knocked over my incubator (which was on a backwards facing chair out of the way and kids only allowed in supervised) all four of the eggs in lockdown smashed. Only one had been viable but was dead, it's yolk was still up absorbed and one of it's blood vessels had ruptured in the fall.
I was really hoping that one little salmon favorelle would make it.
Luckily I have some three week old chickies here to console myself and a friend has four one day olds I can get Monday. But it's not the same as hatching your own.
Bator went in the bin as the yolk from two of the undeveloped maybe eggs had gone into the motor and it was making noises.
Expensive painful learning process.
1f61e.png
1f423.png
rip sweeties.

Soooooo sorry! I know how disappointed I would be. Don't give up- do try again. It is worth the time and trouble... And even failure to see that new life.
Wish I could share a chick!

This has been the most fun hatch so far! Each chick looks so different. I've got 4 hatched out: 1 silkie, 1 silkie mix, and 2 showgirls (one has cute puffy cheeks, and the other is a white showgirl, which is exactly what I wanted!)

I've got 3 left, pipped, including the 2 malpositioned chicks.
I want a white showgirl too!!! lol I just couldn't find anyone halfway local that the hens were laying well to get some. Congrats!!

15/25 fluffy butts and counting! It has been crazy trying to keep up with the babies while hosting a big bday party on 2 hours of sleep...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom