The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
are easter eggers a real breed or does it mean fluffies born of questionable parentage? if it's the latter then I have 6 of those over the past couple of days. all I know about mine is they are yellow, facial markings make them look like really grumpy old men and one has fluffy legs all the way to it's feet (named seagull because it sounds like one) whilst the others are standard scaly legs. but being my first they are all beauties and I adore them. marans are beautiful too, I love the marbled look, quite a regal looking bird.

No, they aren't a recognized breed, as there is no standard coloring. They are pretty though.

Well it's day 25 for my first three duck eggs and I have 2 external pip and 1 internal! Woo-Hoo! The other three are not being turned anymore and they are on day 22. I'm excited, but trying yo get my humidity up is pretty hard right now. I wasn't planning on them hatching for another 3 days, so I stuck a sponge in the incubator. Excited about the pips though!

When do you guys call it quits on your eggs? I have three still in the bator. Two are not pipped, one I opened the air cell and took a peek, did not puncture inner membrane (still moist!). I can see a chick, a yolk, but no movement.
hmm.png
The other two I have listened to,and did not hear anything -but I never heard anything with the ones that hatched either.... Today is the end of day 23.
idunno.gif
This beginner could use some advice.

It's been busy here, but I wanted to update my hatch results...

In the incubator my success continues to be underwhelming...1 out of 9 eggs hatched. Although it is a very cute splash laced red Wyandotte. Please let it be a pullet!!

Under my new broodie hen (who decided to go broodie within 24 hours of arriving here after traveling half way across the country...1 out of 1 hatched!! Perfect record for Fergie!! A very cute black based bantam cochin who may have some birchen coloring.

Definitely think letting my cochins go broodie is the way to go for me...

Been down sick all weekend so I missed all the fun (and 2400 posts!)...but my broody hatched 5 out of 7 eggs.

Congrats on all the good hatches; sorry about the bad ones. Hope everyone had a great Easter.

4 EE and 3 Golden Cuckoo Maran!

are easter eggers a real breed or does it mean fluffies born of questionable parentage? if it's the latter then I have 6 of those over the past couple of days. all I know about mine is they are yellow, facial markings make them look like really grumpy old men and one has fluffy legs all the way to it's feet (named seagull because it sounds like one) whilst the others are standard scaly legs. but being my first they are all beauties and I adore them. marans are beautiful too, I love the marbled look, quite a regal looking bird.

Easter Eggers are cross breeds,
Well it's day 25 for my first three duck eggs and I have 2 external pip and 1 internal! Woo-Hoo! The other three are not being turned anymore and they are on day 22. I'm excited, but trying yo get my humidity up is pretty hard right now. I wasn't planning on them hatching for another 3 days, so I stuck a sponge in the incubator. Excited about the pips though!

Yay!
When do you guys call it quits on your eggs? I have three still in the bator.  Two are not pipped, one I opened the air cell and took a peek, did not puncture inner membrane (still moist!).  I can see a chick, a yolk, but no movement. :/   The other two I have listened to,and did not hear anything -but I never heard anything with the ones that hatched either....  Today is the end of day 23. :idunno  This beginner could use some advice.

I'd candle them and look for movement. How long since the last one hatched?

Been down sick all weekend so I missed all the fun (and 2400 posts!)...but my broody hatched 5 out of 7 eggs.

Congrats on all the good hatches; sorry about the bad ones. Hope everyone had a great Easter.

Have you got that darn cough too? I've been miserable for about a week now..come Fri. I do ok in the day, I do cough, but nights are so scary. I cough so hard it's unreal. This has got to stop soon, right?
I am glad you are feeling better enough to come on. I come and go, come and go.
tongue.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom