The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Happy Chooks, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG] so sorry about the one little, that sucks. do the brooder plates have alarms on them should they go off for some reason? oh and goodmorning!

2. aplynn

aplynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2015
    Buxton, Maine
    1 pip out of 6 eggs I really need to make sure this bator is all set for the Easter hatch. I have never had this much trouble, lost 1 baby to the membrane drying out and killed one baby another was born so wet it took her 2 days to cool off....... I will never again use the small bator I will stick to my old trusty foam one. New technology my butt..... Praying at least the one little pip makes it out and hopefully we will get at least 1 more out of this..... Feeling bummed out right now[​IMG]

3. tao chick

tao chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2015
    Herkimer County, NY
    I'm in. I'm testing my MacGyver Bator with fertile eggs starting next week. If it works well I'll be using it for the Easter hatch too. If not, I'll either tweek it or borrow my friend's incubator. :lol: Hi, everyone!

4. Lozuufy

Lozuufy Pigeons are nutty

May 20, 2012
    MA/VT
    Good morning everyone!

I'm 300 posts behind [​IMG], gonna take a while to catch up [​IMG] You guys gotta stop posting so much overnight!

5. NotAFarm

NotAFarm Embracing the New! Premium Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois
    You are very talented!! [​IMG] This is my favorite!

6. Pensmaster

Pensmaster Chicken Obsessed

Jan 10, 2014
    Northern California
    Good morning Sally

7. NTBugtraq

NTBugtraq ex-Surgeon General

Good morning to you too. No, unfortunately there is no alarm, and I wouldn't hear it if there were. On the upside, I have a whole home generator, so if power fails the plates would still function.

8. Pensmaster

Pensmaster Chicken Obsessed

Jan 10, 2014
    Northern California
    @ronott1
    Good morning Ron
    Trader Joes hens started laying yesterday. Hatched 8-9-15. Well at least one did

9. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG] I am sorry sweets, which small bator are you using? [​IMG] I hope she makes it out!

tao!!! AWESOME! cant wait to see her in action!!!

10. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    No, It was a typo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by