The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Happy Chooks, Jan 20, 2016.

1. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

They will keep laying for a long time too!
  2. aplynn

aplynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2015
    Buxton, Maine
    I changed bators about day 18 because the little one kept messing up not even sure what the brand was but right now it is sitting in the dumpster outside LOL I have one that I love it is just bigger and I figured with a smaller hatch I would use the small one, NEVER gonna make that mistake again stick with what works.

My 1 little pip is starting to unzip and thank god I have 2 x2day old babies for her to chill with. I think she is gonna be fine.
  3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Let them warm up to room temperature before setting them.

Fertility also goes down when males are molting.

Around Day 7.

4. campingshaws

campingshaws Flock Master Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Sorry @Sally Sunshine and everyone else. I guess I just don't understand why it was such a bad thing, or be considered a "disappointment." Was it stated in a rule that I missed?
  5. NotAFarm

NotAFarm Embracing the New! Premium Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Quote: No, It was a typo.

[​IMG] I know....I was just messin' with ya!!! [​IMG]
  6. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    My Coop
    oh good!

Mornin campin! Not a big deal at all. I posted big to make sure I got everyones attention... lets blame CH for that [​IMG]

We have found from experience that kinda posting can get out of control fast, and by fast I mean a godzillion posts in short order and to keep the peace between those of us that CAN and have TIME to sort through all of it vs the new hatchers, posts can get missed when someone needs help very quickly. Even with the random funny postings and mini contests I wont allow it.
  8. sjturner79

sjturner79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2015
    South Australia
    I had my thermometers arrive today, because my others broke just as I was setting up for this hatch. I now know why my first hatch in my new bator is not doing so well. I set 50ish eggs. Culled to 35 on day 7 and now down to 24. The temp is 2.5 c higher in bator than setting. Have now applied cal factor for that and set to 38.0c which is giving me 100f at the center of the eggs all round. All good for lockdown tommorrow. Will see how many hatch. Should be good for the Hal by now. Just stuck in a preorder for 6 lav ara 6 black orps and 12 RIR to set. Need to see if I can track down the other 2 breeds now.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  9. LocalYokel

LocalYokel Overrun With Chickens

Monin Miss Mornin Signs is mines I somehow lived despite the shaker temptations
  10. LocalYokel

LocalYokel Overrun With Chickens

Rigged I tell you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by