The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

images
Good Morning Peeps!

Yesterday, @Sally Sunshine , asked what our plans for the day were and I had to work
hmm.png
Today I am OFF! Okay, I'm "off" everyday but today I don't have to go to work!!
wee.gif

Since we will have daytime temps above freezing for the next few days, I will be doing some coop chores today (and some inside housework but I'm not happy to be doing that)! My DH says he never imaged someone could be happy about cleaning dirty "chicken dishes" and chicken poop, but I am!
love.gif
Love my flock!!
I will be:
  1. removing the heated dog dish waterers and giving them a few days of rest and put the plain waterers out.
  2. "stirring" the litter and adding some fresh shavings and shredded leaves.
  3. checking the nest boxes to see what needs refreshing with new hay
  4. hand feeding some meal worms and canned corn for some personal time with my girls and guys

I hope everyone has a great day!

Overnight the temperature dropped to 31F. When I just looked in on my chicks in the unheated greenhouse, there were several who had their heads sticking out from under the brooder plates. Unfortunately, one failed to thrive overnight, and as usual, was being sat on by several live chicks. I've moved the plates away from the water and food so there is much more room for them to roam around now. Last night was much warmer than usual, so still
fl.gif
for the colder nights in the next 7 days or so. Thanks to all those who kept my kids in their minds overnight.

hugs.gif
Sorry you lost one chick. I know I am always so apprehensive the first morning after putting new chicks out in a brooder! You never know what will happen when they are so young! But the good thing is - every day the chicks make it is a day they are getting stronger and more likely to thrive!
fl.gif
and prayers that the rest of them will do just fine through the rest of the cold season!

images
Good Morning Peeps!

Yesterday, @Sally Sunshine , asked what our plans for the day were and I had to work
hmm.png
Today I am OFF! Okay, I'm "off" everyday but today I don't have to go to work!!
wee.gif

Since we will have daytime temps above freezing for the next few days, I will be doing some coop chores today (and some inside housework but I'm not happy to be doing that)! My DH says he never imaged someone could be happy about cleaning dirty "chicken dishes" and chicken poop, but I am!
love.gif
Love my flock!!
I will be:
  1. removing the heated dog dish waterers and giving them a few days of rest and put the plain waterers out.
  2. "stirring" the litter and adding some fresh shavings and shredded leaves.
  4. hand feeding some meal worms and canned corn for some personal time with my girls and guys

ya.gif
ya.gif

Sounds like a great day to me!!! Enjoy!!

Good morning fellow chick-o-holics.
mornin Nathan!!

images
  Good Morning Peeps!

Yesterday, @Sally Sunshine
, asked what our plans for the day were and I had to work :/   Today I am OFF!  Okay, I'm "off" everyday but today I don't have to go to work!!  :weee

Since we will have daytime temps above freezing for the next few days, I will be doing some coop chores today (and some inside housework but I'm not happy to be doing that)!  My DH says he never imaged someone could be happy about cleaning dirty "chicken dishes" and chicken poop, but I am!   :love   Love my flock!! 
I will be:
  2.  "stirring" the litter and adding some fresh shavings and shredded leaves.

Hi there!! It has been a loooooong time! How are you?? I need to read the back pages and see who else I recongize!

Back
Top Bottom