The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Nope... It looks great.... :gig
I aint a quail person so I can't offer suggestions on that but for chickens, if you don't mind ornamentals I'd suggest adding a sultan or an OEGB hen. Or two. Or maybe 3 would offer companionship..? :oops:
That's how I started... I said, " I will not make pets out of them, only egg layers."
Well, it went from that to: "those banties are really so cute, and wouldnt eat much... The silkie will earn its keep by being a broody hen... I really need a good roo, why not get a sultan, as they are kinda cute.."

:love OEGB
Bubbles too!
:hugs

I took a hiatus... When we moved, I decided to cut down my flock to "just egg layers"...
It didn't last. I can honestly blame hubby though, he saw a pair of peafowl and said lets get them... And boom. Magically I now have 8 peafowl and a menagerie of other species.
LOL the face guys. I am mostly on the face actually on 7 different face guys pages one I created chicken holics everything chickens. Found two of three others that are specific to my area here in Mohave county. Nice to know who has what close to me. So you have one of those hubby's too. I told mine I was going to sell some of the birds he says he does not like chickens. When he heard I was selling them he proceeded to tell me okay, but not the so and so or the pretty ones, or you get it. LMAOROF

hugs.gif

Aww Yokel ur swell.
love.gif
Ok folks the fun is over. Time to get serious here. I'm gonna have to get a "barn raising" crew together to get me some new coops and runs built. Gonna need about 100 with the way i been doin things. lol

I started out with egg layers and now have 14 paddocks and babies in the garden bath tub. Hubby says its too cold outside for new babies. This coming from someone who says they don't like chickens. I am starting to see a pattern here with him.

Wife didn't wanted em either when I started
Now she wants to know when the next hatch is
:lau

Nope... It looks great.... :gig
I aint a quail person so I can't offer suggestions on that but for chickens, if you don't mind ornamentals I'd suggest adding a sultan or an OEGB hen. Or two. Or maybe 3 would offer companionship..? :oops:
That's how I started... I said, " I will not make pets out of them, only egg layers."
Well, it went from that to: "those banties are really so cute, and wouldnt eat much... The silkie will earn its keep by being a broody hen... I really need a good roo, why not get a sultan, as they are kinda cute.."

Hahaha! I have silver penciled or birchen bantam cochin on my list for adding NEXT year. I had Silver penciled I ordered from cackle two years ago, but gave up and sold them because they just were such horrible body type. Silver Ameruacanas have been on my list for two years now when my order from John B fell through so it is a tentative for every year...

LOL the face guys. I am mostly on the face actually on 7 different face guys pages one I created chicken holics everything chickens. Found two of three others that are specific to my area here in Mohave county. Nice to know who has what close to me.  So you have one of those hubby's too. I told mine I was going to sell some of the birds he says he does not like chickens. When he heard I was selling them he proceeded to tell me okay, but not the so and so or the pretty ones, or you get it. LMAOROF 
I am glad you said that, I wasn't quite sure what face guys meant ;)
Yup, my husband was very grumpy about my chickens math... that is until the end of last breeding season my peahens were bringing quite a nice supplement to our income (or I should say at least covering my poultry spending) and now he is totally on board. As long as he doesn't have to be involved with any chores.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom