The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Happy Chooks, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Sahwithchicks

Sahwithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2012
    Central FL
    ... and of course I want some large fowl cochins...
    And something that lays a white egg like a Buttercup just to make a nice rainbow assortment of eggs...

Darn... I am pretty sure this enabling is why I took a hiatus from byc to begin with!

2. GitaBooks

GitaBooks Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
    Any time works, but day 7 should let you know which ones are developing and which ones aren't.

Amazing drawing!

Nice list!

What color of Dorking is your favorite?

I love Marans, and my favorite rooster is a Barred Rock. I don't think you can go wrong with a Barred Rock. [​IMG]

Good luck! I hope you get some awesome chicks!

We'll be waiting for the updates. [​IMG]

Go big or go home, right? [​IMG]

I'm sorry about the chick you lost, that's always hard, but I'm glad the rest are doing well. [​IMG]

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope it hatches out nice and healthy.

Welcome! So glad you could join!

What breed are you setting?

Pictures? [​IMG]

Best of luck with the hatch!

30 F is warm here. [​IMG]

I hope everything turns out well with your hatch. Those are some nice looking chickens!

3. lacymorgan

lacymorgan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2015
    Kingman AZ
    Mine too, expect when it is very cold he will grumble and go out to carry the 5 gallon water buckets filled with hot water from the bathtub. I have BCM, Lavender split to black, white marans, Fly tie gentic hackle, Welbars, Isbars, Cream Crested Legs bars, and Cochins gold/silver laced. what do you have. I built a website to show mine off I am the crazy chicken lady who has what I call my fluffy butts photos album. Too funny[​IMG]

4. generaldsherman

generaldsherman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2015
    Idaho
    Yeah, this is not the thread for discouraging people to get more animals...I've got an appointment to pick up a Holland lop eared bunny tomorrow (My excuses are two: 1. My soil sucks and I need fertilizer. 2. I sold my quail, since they're too cute and I couldn't use them for meat and hate the egg taste, so I have the perfect pen for a rabbit)

5. nate1the1great1

nate1the1great1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2014
    Colorado
    What about some peacocks, red golden pheasants, Chinese ringneck pheasant, and some chukar? Maybe some rheas? Just remember... SET ALL OF THE EGGS

6. GitaBooks

GitaBooks Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
    Don't forget the Guinea Fowl. [​IMG]

7. nate1the1great1

nate1the1great1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2014
    Colorado

Ya you never forget those...

8. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    Welcome to the 2016 Easter Hatch A Long! [​IMG]

Good Luck with the MacGyver Bator test hatch!

9. Sahwithchicks

Sahwithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2012
    Central FL
    I know what you mean! I have a facepage and a webpage :p
    I have India blue peafowl, lady amherst and yellow gold pheasant, pharaoh coturnix quail, Bourbon red turkeys, large fowl Welsummers and large fowl salmon Faverolles. I am envious of your welbars... one woman near me bred some welbars from scratch, and they are drool worthy
    When I got rid of the multiple varieties of quail I gave my 4 Bay quail pens to my neighbor for his rabbits. I regret it now :p Rabbits are also on the "you-are-not-allowed-for-goodness-sake" list my husband has.

Well, if we are really dreaming, let's add silver pheasants, and rhea next to my new magically appeared emus pen :p
    I am really tempted to add white, purple and Spaulding peafowl to the farm... but that will be on my 2018 add list!!

I draw the line at guinea. I was "gifted" one last year and the darned thing never shut it's beak! Too much noise!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  10. generaldsherman

generaldsherman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2015
    Idaho
    And turkey, don't forget them either!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by