The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Guess these breeds lol. The polish was supposed to be a buff laced but I'm pretty sure it's a golden polish. I could be wrong these are my first polish so not much experience with the breed.

The second one and the last one look to me like silver laced wyandottes.

#5 looks like a black Australorp
#1 looks like it could be a Buttercup (which if that's the case I am majorly jealous)
Also I agree about the polish.

#6 may be a partridge rock but I'm not sure
The last one left to guess I'm guessing either brown leghorn or a welsummer
Just my guesses. I hope they're not totally off the wall.

Last edited:
Guess these breeds lol. The polish was supposed to be a buff laced but I'm pretty sure it's a golden polish. I could be wrong these are my first polish so not much experience with the breed.

I agree your polish is a gold lace and should end up looking like these ~

The is a buff chicks colour ~

Alrighty then I am trying something new just came across it. It is a vitamin spray that goes on the eggs right before you put them in and once more before hatch. It is supposed to increase hatch on shipped eggs too. Wish me luck. It has gotten good reviews so far. I am setting bcm, fwm, ccl, welbar, Isbar, cochin, fly tie genetic hackle barred rocks and lbcm I can set up to 8 dz after shipping to others who ordered some

Where do you buy the bielefelder from which hatchery has them?
None of the big hatcheries have them. They are a relatively new breed to this country. You would need to go through a private breeder. I know that there are some on here check out the dedicated thread on here.

Sorry wrong post I thought I was getting asked where I got them from

Don't worry, it was the right one.
smile.png

I would go with Easter Egger on this one, though it could be something else like a Campine
Golden-laced Polish
Australorps, Black Giants and Black Stars all look pretty similar as chicks
My partridge Rock looked similar to this, so it could be a Partridge color

Looks like my Silver Laced Wyandotte chick did

The second one and the last one look to me like silver laced wyandottes. 1st one is a golden campine 2nd not sure 3rd golden polish I think 4th phoneix 5th not sure sixth partridge rock 7th silver laced wyndote I order black astrolorps and blue andulsians so those not sue could be one of those two I've read blue andulsians can be black and white even though they still carry the blue gene

#5 looks like a black Australorp
#1 looks like it could be a Buttercup (which if that's the case I am majorly jealous)
Also I agree about the polish.

#6 may be a partridge rock but I'm not sure
The last one left to guess I'm guessing either brown leghorn or a welsummer
Just my guesses. I hope they're not totally off the wall.

Quote:
I have to agree with you there!
highfive.gif

That is a beautiful basket of eggs! Are they for hatching?

Ok everyone I have a stupid question. I plan on hatching barred rock and black copper maran eggs for the HAL. Problem I have is I also have australorps and Im not sure how to tell the eggs apart from my BR hens. Easy to pick my BCM eggs as they are a nice dark #6-7
You could try putting food color in the vent of one of the breeds of hens so you can tell their eggs from the others.

Quote:
OOoo... I would be very interested in how you are going to go about this. I have a commercial frig, like yours but much bigger, that I am planning to turn into an incubator.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Sunshine

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Raz!!

@Razadia

157876.gif
X2
Thank you Mike!
big_smile.png

X3!!!
clap.gif

I wonder how that vitamin spray tastes? Maybe I can get rid of my once a day and just do a shot of spray with my girls
1f64a.png
1f649.png
1f648.png
1f37a.png
gig.gif

Quote: will post what happens
Great! I would be interested to know also.

Welcome to the 2016 Eater Hatch A Long!
highfive.gif

Hatching Participant is Current to Post 2500
Thank you for all your hard work!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom