The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

yesss.gif
I'll probably never find out who it is, but one of my 3 Andalusian pullets laid her first egg today!
wee.gif
My first white egg from a breed that is supposed to lay white eggs.

Congratulations!
clap.gif

I decided, after doing the math and the projected income, emu just aren't in my cards
sad.png
eventually we plan on buying the pasture near our house and if we do, I plan on refencing it with 6 foot fence, and then emu would have a bunch of space to run. We kind of have the space now... but it would mean turning almost our whole yard into a emu run since I would want it 150 feet or more. Oh well. I can still dream about it!

I also had a chance to get 2 trios of silver pheasants, a trio of red golden, and another pair of yellow golden, and 6 other males... and decided it too wasn't a profitable purchase. Disappointing, but really think it is the right choice.

Sigggggghhhhhhhhhhhh.

Darn you reasonable thinking!

Reasonable thinking is the only reason I don't have muscovies *sigh* Zoning + RT is why I can't succumb to the lure of Calls... Still trying to figure out if I have anywhere reasonable to keep Cots.

Huh...I have never had white egg layers, come to think of it...

I adopted 2 white leghorn hens about a month ago. Those 2 white birds give me almost as many eggs as the other 4 that were in the group I got. They lay pretty white eggs but I still prefer my brown layers.

yesss.gif
I'll probably never find out who it is, but one of my 3 Andalusian pullets laid her first egg today!
wee.gif
My first white egg from a breed that is supposed to lay white eggs.

Congrats! The only white layer I have is an Andalusian, my daughter has a leghorn as her only white layer. I love my little blue!

Hi Ron, so far of the 12 eggs from TJ's all have been white. Strange. Could different stores get different breeds or just luck of draw.
You never know! They may have changed up the roosters and they are pure leghorn.

Do yours have spots or color on them?(the pullets not the eggs)

Back
Top Bottom