The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Happy Chooks, Jan 20, 2016.

1. butterfliesdoku

butterfliesdoku Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2015
    It's only day 4 of my test hatch but I decided to candle 3 eggs today. Two appear infertile so far (1 from the barnyard mixed white and 1 barnyard mixed brown) but 1 of the Ameracauna eggs is developing!

2. GitaBooks

GitaBooks Overrun With Chickens

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
    What a sweet picture!

Thank you. [​IMG]
    She's a good momma, the others are just bad aunts.

Thanks for the suggestion. [​IMG]

I'm afraid she would abandon her nest if I change it too much. If she can't see her eggs she won't go on her nest.

I love icelandics! : )

It is so amazing to see little chicks enter the world. [​IMG]

Leaving a nest of some fake eggs could encourage a hen to go broody.

I love chickens individual personalities [​IMG]

Princess is my best broody, Pip is the smartest broody, and Eagle was the sweetest broody.

I hope they all hatch! [​IMG]

Its so hard to wait!

I love silkie mixes! [​IMG]

Awesome! [​IMG]

Here it was 50 F.

I love the dark colored eggs!
    I do the same with farm eggs (I just set some today actually [​IMG]), but I put my shipped eggs in a carton to be safe.
    Goats are awesome!

So adorable! I can't wait until I can keep turkeys.

1 person likes this.
  3. Gloryjasmine

Gloryjasmine Chillin' With My Peeps

Aweeeeee! Don't get me started!!!! I have 6 doelings currently and they're just full of cuteness!!!!!!

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

5. Gloryjasmine

Ok since idk how to do multiple quotes......[​IMG]

Wickedchicken6-Your lil OEGB looks just like my two babies,Sable and Andy when they were born! They're in Heaven now. But yours are just gorgeous!

Chickendreams24-How so so sorry I am for you honey. And that Jasmine is suffering. Just remember love,you're both in Gods hands,and I'll be praying for you both. As well as that the mite dusting goes well. I know how that can be. I love you darling. [​IMG]

GitaBooks-I might try that. Just today,I noticed someone layed in a separate nest. And it happened yesterday,too. Usually,they all lay in the same nest. I'm thinking that that's an indication that one of my girls is growing up! And perhaps....wants babies as much as I do!!!!!! Yay!!!

Also,I have 11 goats currently. Our four does kidded about a mo th ago. I will be posting them on another thread if anyone wants to go AWEEEEEEEEE! I'll update with the threads title. Those kids posted earlier are just darling!!!!

God bless!!!
    Glory

6. Humbug3445

Humbug3445 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2016
    I have that on my eggs and i dont have a rooster. No one is crowing !!

7. nate1the1great1

nate1the1great1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2014
    Colorado

Well atleast you don't enjoy Monday...[​IMG][​IMG]:p:D;)

8. Chrysolinsbirds

Chrysolinsbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2013
    Merced county, CA
    I haven't seen an egg in at least a month =\ hope they pick up . time to look for eggs.

9. Gloryjasmine

Are you sure???? The iddy biddy thingy in da middle??? Weird!!!

10. Wickedchicken6

Wickedchicken6 No Rest For The WicKed Premium Member Project Manager

Nov 7, 2015
    Southwestern MB, Canada
    Thank you. I didn't really know what I was getting into when I got the first OEGBs...and then some more, but they sure are sweeties (when they're not being feisty...lol)

I'm so sorry to hear of Sable and Andy. [​IMG]
    What you wrote was totally awesome! Sometimes I just summarize too because if I'm way behind...I lose myself in quoting...[​IMG]

To multi quote, you just have to click the multi button and it keeps track as you scroll from page to page. When you want to respond to the posts you've picked, you can hit reply on any post and it will put all your multi selections in this window.

I "think" you can also click the quote button after you've been using the multi button...I've just been hitting reply. I had no idea how to multi quote either until someone explained it. I kept hitting the multi button...but didn't know how to move it to this window...lol!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by