The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Test hatch is going well! Fertility is good!

:bow

Sally is the reason I am hatching right now.

I learned so much from Her before I even joined.

I had my first coolerbator built and had a hatch going before even heading over to Her Incu Thread.

She is who invited me over from the NY HAL thread.

Everyone make sure She knows how much She is loved and appreciated, She has had more of a positive impact than she knows.

That's is so true. Same here. I also have learned a lot from Sally.

Yesterday I had my neighbor's ducks visit. Today to my surprise it found a gift from them, two eggs. Of course I want to hatch them,but I have no idea how to do it. Is it the same as chicken eggs?

love her footsies!! and color!

Nathan!!! fantasic!! love the BYC are they your stones for waters? :hugs   how are you doing this weekend?

LOVE IT!!! and the kiddos!!!  looks so very bright!!

beautiful!!!    how are air cells?
Air cells look great all nice and uniform in large end of each egg. Unfortunately I seem to have 2 quiters, the bottom 2 barred rock eggs, sometime around day 5-7. Not positive so will leave another few days to be sure.

Hey all long day here. Started with each bird getting dusted before being put out for free ranging for the day, including the aggressive roo, which was quite a feat to catch him. It was about forty, maybe more, so we let Jazzy(Jasmine) out with the flock while we cleaned the coop, nest boxes, quarantine crates and dusted everything that needed it. Then we let the dust settle and coop air out and put all the birds to bed.

Jazzy's crop was almost completely empty this morning except for a small grape sized bunch or so. We allowed her some crumbles and gave her another dose of stool softener and baby food. We also picked up a powder that contains vitamins, electrolytes, and probiotics for her water and the whole flock. She is locked up again tonight and will not get any more feed until we check her crop tomorrow. We wanted to see if her crop was working as it should be again. Still no smell coming from her mouth, and no other symptoms. Fingers crossed that her crop is empty. If not we will try the doughy crop treatment, for which we were able to find all the ingredients today. Her appetite has returned over the last two days which I take as a good sign.

How long should we wait before worming the flock? Can we do it this week or not?

Will I still be able to collect eggs for hatching if we worm them this month?

On another note one of our silkie cockerals wore a nail to the quick or broke it somehow. Not sure how/when it was like that at bed check and of course was bleeding like a stuck pig. The styptic powder managed to slow the bleeding so it could clot naturally. Even after dipping it over 6 times it continued to bleed slowly for several minutes. No other injuries so I think he got it without fighting; this has happened to him one other time.

Will update you all on Jasmine tomorrow. Night guys, sweet dreams.

Hey all long day here. Started with each bird getting dusted before being put out for free ranging for the day, including the aggressive roo, which was quite a feat to catch him. It was about forty, maybe more, so we let Jazzy(Jasmine) out with the flock while we cleaned the coop, nest boxes, quarantine crates and dusted everything that needed it. Then we let the dust settle and coop air out and put all the birds to bed.

Jazzy's crop was almost completely empty this morning except for a small grape sized bunch or so. We allowed her some crumbles and gave her another dose of stool softener and baby food. We also picked up a powder that contains vitamins, electrolytes, and probiotics for her water and the whole flock. She is locked up again tonight and will not get any more feed until we check her crop tomorrow. We wanted to see if her crop was working as it should be again. Still no smell coming from her mouth, and no other symptoms. Fingers crossed that her crop is empty. If not we will try the doughy crop treatment, for which we were able to find all the ingredients today. Her appetite has returned over the last two days which I take as a good sign.

How long should we wait before worming the flock? Can we do it this week or not?

Will I still be able to collect eggs for hatching if we worm them this month?

On another note one of our silkie cockerals wore a nail to the quick or broke it somehow. Not sure how/when it was like that at bed check and of course was bleeding like a stuck pig. The styptic powder managed to slow the bleeding so it could clot naturally. Even after dipping it over 6 times it continued to bleed slowly for several minutes. No other injuries so I think he got it without fighting; this has happened to him one other time.

Will update you all on Jasmine tomorrow. Night guys, sweet dreams.

Next time you have a bleeder use sugar. It works faster and once dissolved in the blood it can pass through the cell wall and help repair the damaged cells.

13 hatched out of 14 set. I don't do math very well so I'm not sure what the hatch rate is.

Say hello to Skunk..

I think this one is from my light Brahma crossed with my Cemani x roo. It has black legs.

Such a riot of colors! I think I'll hatch out mixes a few more times just to see what we get.

Seramas went into lockdown today 18 looking good.

That's is so true. Same here. I also have learned a lot from Sally.

Yesterday I had my neighbor's ducks visit. Today to my surprise it found a gift from them, two eggs. Of course I want to hatch them,but I have no idea how to do it. Is it the same as chicken eggs?

Same thing, they just take 1 week longer

Back
Top Bottom