The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Happy Chooks, Jan 20, 2016.

1. chickendreams24

chickendreams24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2015
    Wisconsin, USA

Well its been years for my Mom and she still tends to have some problems then again the surgeon said he's never seen such an infected gall bladder before. She had over 20 stones in it or something, so I'm sure hers wasn't working either.

@Chaos18
    Congratulations! Don't forget to let us know which one you pick.

2. chickendreams24

chickendreams24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2015
    Wisconsin, USA

Someone has her heart set on a big family. I've never had a broody but I'm in agreement take some away so she can do better with the rest.

3. Auroradream26

Auroradream26 Smothered in Feathers Premium Member

May 14, 2013
    Central, PA

So sorry for your loss :(

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG] awesome!!!! do you process your pekin?

congrats!! did you mist your eggs?

I hope she returns sounds like she was broody or just wanting to lay again. [​IMG]

Thank you Mike! [​IMG][​IMG]

5. chattery41

chattery41 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2014
    near Cleveland TN
    Ouch ! Ok, when she gets off in the morning i will proceed to candle my heart out before she gets back. Then again i think it will be easier for me to take about a dozen from around the edge, bring them in, candle and put the ones with life into my already working incubator. Yup, sounds like a plan.

6. ToddQ

ToddQ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2016
    Ellicottville, NY
    Beautiful Barred Rocks !! I have 15 and 2 Roos, that are beautiful, but yours are just as nice, maybe better !! Nice looking girls there !

1 person likes this.
  7. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Oh no, so sorry! I'm glad you got another boy from him. I don't have to deal with big predators, but I've had a Ferrel cat get one of my Heritage RIR pullet yrs. ago. I was so mad. We caught her, she was so mean!

8. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    NO! It was for me! [​IMG]

9. ToddQ

ToddQ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2016
    Ellicottville, NY
    ok so as I have written before, I am very new and inexperienced at incubating eggs. I have 6 eggs in my incubator right now. I posted a couple days ago that I think I had 3 or 4 quitters in there, but now it looks like 5 of 6 have quit. It was mentioned that I should calibrate my humidity and temps. Not sure how, but I did go and get another thermometer, and hygrometer and place them in with the eggs, and boy what a difference. My incubator said temp was 99.5 and humidity was 45%, new tools said 100.4 and 22% humidity. Now which do I believe? and can the low humidity be the problem with the eggs quitting on me? I do have 1 left that is supper lively, looks like it is dancing in there, I figure its probably a tough ole rooster lol. Suggestions are appreciated, I want a good result from my next batch which will be the HAL.
    Todd

10. Chaos18

Chaos18 Minion King Premium Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Slowly Losing it......
    There's a notes sections in the thread below that shows all the info on calibrating things and the importance of it.

INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come hatch, learn, Chat, Meet new Friends!

@Sally Sunshine

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by