The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Happy Chooks, Jan 20, 2016.

1. TJordan

TJordan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2014
    Lower Alabama
    This crazy chick keeps rolling the other eggs around [​IMG][​IMG] I usually pull them when they fluff but I don't like pulling only one. Suggestions?
  2. lacymorgan

lacymorgan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2015
    Kingman AZ
    [​IMG]I just got the last 5 babies out of the bator and put the next 88 in. One already hatched and two are pipping. They were not supposed to hatch for another 2 days. Here is the first arrival

3. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Leave it. Playing football encourages the others.
  4. I am in Clover, SC about 30 min South of Charlotte, NC
  5. I am located in Clover,SC which is about 30 min. south of Charlotte, NC. And yes if there is anyone that wants to provide me eggs to join in the hatch-a-long I would love to be back in business.[​IMG]
  6. sjturner79

sjturner79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2015
    South Australia

Did you only have the 2 hens? If you have more they will still lay fertile eggs without the roo for 2-3 weeks.
  7. TJordan

TJordan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2014
    Lower Alabama
    FluffO just zipped. It was one that our quarter back was playing ball with. [​IMG]
    1 person likes this.
  8. cree57i

cree57i Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Mt. Juliet, TN
    I cannot keep up at all! I'm pages and pages behind.

@chattery41 Cathy, I am glad you discovered you had a bad appendicts before it ruptured! Hope for a speedy recovery. Careful toting water to our flock![​IMG]

My Ecoglow brooder plate failed last night. It was about 60 degrees in the room and the chicks were one day old. I lost 3 of them. [​IMG]I was able to revive the rest with warm water and a premier one plate that wasn't in use. This is another first for me. That thing should still be under warranty so I am going to be calling about that.

I figure I have time for one more set of eggs before the Easter Hatch along and my shipped eggs come. This will be my 3rd test hatch since deciding to do the hatch along...I would have not known the brooder plate was bad except for the test hatch...Yeah, that's the story I will tell...All of these "test" chickens are necessary to check out the equipment... [​IMG]

Got to go get distilled water. [​IMG]
  9. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Check out the premier1 Brooder plate as a backup. I like it much better than the eco glow.
  10. Sahwithchicks

Sahwithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2012
    Central FL
    Spent some time out in the coops today, trying to get a flapping photograph. No luck with anything worthy, but I did snap these...

The peafowl looking at me laying on the ground of the pen, thinking "why are you so crazy?"
    4 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by