The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

[COLOR=008000]My first Isbar chick this year. More to come in the next few days... :D [/COLOR]
12719242_1137177212961710_5501242179895569056_o.jpg
What a cutie!

th.gif
I just got the last 5 babies out of the bator and put the next 88 in. One already hatched and two are pipping. They were not supposed to hatch for another 2 days. Here is the first arrival

l
clap.gif
wee.gif

Spent some time out in the coops today, trying to get a flapping photograph. No luck with anything worthy, but I did snap these...

The peafowl looking at me laying on the ground of the pen, thinking "why are you so crazy?"
HOW LOVELY!!!! @Sahwithchicks do you have pics of your layout/setup/run for them? looks cool!!

I just set a batch that will hatch a couple days before time to set for this one, so...I'm in! Easter chicks sounds awesome!
Welcome!!!! I love your profile name!! how did you come up with that? what breeds did you set?

I've got 3 so far and several pipped!!! I'm so happy!!!
263a.png
1f643.png
1f642.png
1f60a.png
wee.gif

Lisa!!!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

My first Isbar chick this year. More to come in the next few days...
big_smile.png

12719242_1137177212961710_5501242179895569056_o.jpg
how cute is that chick!!!! congrats!!

Oh no ! I'm so sorry
hit.gif
hugs.gif
I think these plates need to come with an alarm so we know when it quits ! If we're gonna pay for the things anyway i would pay a couple extra $'s for some kind of alarm. Good luck with the warranty, ask them about replacing ur chicks too.
barnie.gif

I just checked with my brother-in-law. He has the ability to build something that you could plug the device into that would alarm in some fashion (audio, text message to phone, email) and could also trigger a backup system to take over. Would you be interested in something like that?Won't know exactly what it would run until he knows what you want it to do.

Just candled the first quail eggs I set, 19 silver/tuxedo coturnix eggs, 16 look great, 3 clears - for shipped eggs, not bad at all.
wee.gif
1 week to lockdown.

Candled the biggest of the 105 A&M coturnix, they all looked good, didn't candle them all, they are at 5 days.

Set the last batch of eggs received today after a 3 day delay at the origin, 3 cracked eggs, the rest look good, nice size, jumbo cortunix. Opened the 3 cracked eggs of 50 shipped, pretty big air cells, but the eggs themselves looked fertile and intact.

It's funny, the two that shipped with zero extras were the two with broken eggs, the one with the extras was perfect. There's some cosmic law named after someone that says that that's the way it goes - the inverse proportional law of cracked eggs to eggstras. LOL, S'all right, though, I have more than enough quail eggs to hopefully get me started with plenty to be choosey.

I'll be selecting for egg size and bird size for the next generations, so it's nice to have the variety.

Checked on the little mini brinsea, it was running at 80 degrees tonight, so I gave it a scarf and it popped up to 99.5 steady. To be fair, it is in the basement, which is currently 65 degrees. I wanted to challenge it and see what its limits are. :) The big cabinetobator is holding steady and chugging away beautifully.

T minus 10 days and counting til the quail start popping!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Congratulations on these chicks being hatched! More to come..means more photos! Such cute babies!

Just candled the first quail eggs I set, 19 silver/tuxedo coturnix eggs, 16 look great, 3 clears - for shipped eggs, not bad at all.
wee.gif
1 week to lockdown.

Candled the biggest of the 105 A&M coturnix, they all looked good, didn't candle them all, they are at 5 days.

Set the last batch of eggs received today after a 3 day delay at the origin, 3 cracked eggs, the rest look good, nice size, jumbo cortunix. Opened the 3 cracked eggs of 50 shipped, pretty big air cells, but the eggs themselves looked fertile and intact.

It's funny, the two that shipped with zero extras were the two with broken eggs, the one with the extras was perfect. There's some cosmic law named after someone that says that that's the way it goes - the inverse proportional law of cracked eggs to eggstras. LOL, S'all right, though, I have more than enough quail eggs to hopefully get me started with plenty to be choosey.

I'll be selecting for egg size and bird size for the next generations, so it's nice to have the variety.

Checked on the little mini brinsea, it was running at 80 degrees tonight, so I gave it a scarf and it popped up to 99.5 steady. To be fair, it is in the basement, which is currently 65 degrees. I wanted to challenge it and see what its limits are. :) The big cabinetobator is holding steady and chugging away beautifully.

T minus 10 days and counting til the quail start popping!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

How many grams are the Jumbo eggs?

Back
Top Bottom