The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

You made her day LOL she is doing great I just brought her out with her flock and they ran to me to great her, it was sooo cute.... I do think she told them how warm it was inside though because they followed me back to the house and they have never done that before LOL
th.gif

They might like her new "hair" style.
gig.gif

Quote: Oh sweet!!! I hope you have a great time! what are you planning? we will have to see the babies soon! you have eggies in the new box?
We're just going to see Deadpool. We're both long time fans of the comics and it feels like we've been waiting forever for this movie. I got one egg out of around 30 hens today, but that was before I got hay for all the nest boxes. I need to go back out and check soon. The silkies are really interested, but probably haven't laid. I hope they do... or at least go broody.
sweet! enjoy! hope you get eggies!!!

Quote: your welcome! no need to blush with me!!
hugs.gif

@Sally Sunshine awwww can you sit up from bed better now? Yes it gets a bit better every day
good news! dont over do it though! hugs Cathy!

Thank you so much for the helpful links.
smile.png

Yeah (blush
hide.gif
), I only use those that came with the incubator. I know, I know, I've read that it is unreliable, its just that I feel so costly when I try to buy anything besides food for my chickens. I really should get a good hydrometer and thermometer though, and I'm sure they aren't too expensive. A nice candler would be helpful also.

This one is only $9 at walmart. Mine works good, MAYBE 1 degree off

How is Jazzy at chicken keeping? Loved her rock egg
yuckyuck.gif

I hope you are taking it easy and getting some help!
hugs.gif
Wish you weren't 2 hours away!

I know !! I'm doing better. Finally got my shower yesterday and changed my bandages. Not so much coughing today. Jazzy does a good job throwing scratch and getting eggs. She gets nervous when all the chickens wanna gather around her feet tho. lol

It's official. The other chick did not survive. One of the cats had it and it had already started to decompose.
hmm.png

On the bright side I got the chance to clean and refill the nest boxes. I didn't to water them though. I somehow managed to break the faucet outside and I had to unplug the pump.
hmm.png

I can't catch a break today.
sad.png

I did that last yr. I broke the spigot. It was frozen. :/

I know !! I'm doing better. Finally got my shower yesterday and changed my bandages. Not so much coughing today. Jazzy does a good job throwing scratch and getting eggs. She gets nervous when all the chickens wanna gather around her feet tho. lol

Good to hear that you are feeling better. :)

This little one of yours reminds me of that youtube video..where the boy is running away screaming from all of these chickens chasing him..he has a bag full of bread!

Poor kid..at least your little one is only..a little nervous!

Last edited:
Anyone else having some freezing frigid cold temps this weekend. Starting tonight and into Sunday we are expecting with windchill, -30 to -40 temps. Not the best night to do it but tonight it is time to finally do a little rearranging and get my tree roosting pullets into a new coop. They will finally join their Cockerel. And his brother will finally be moved to a new in a coop of his own with some females.

Anyone else having some freezing frigid cold temps this weekend. Starting tonight and into Sunday we are expecting with windchill, -30 to -40 temps. Not the best night to do it but tonight it is time to finally do a little rearranging and get my tree roosting pullets into a new coop. They will finally join their Cockerel. And his brother will finally be moved to a new in a coop of his own with some females.

Frigid here too in Ohio. Good luck with your re-arranging.
I am setting up a new breeding pen for my second flock of Swedish Flower Hens n Sunday when the weather is suppose to be a bit warmer.
Putting my Snowleopard Rooster in with my German import girls.

Hoping for some beautiful babies!!!!

Back
Top Bottom