The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Oh thanks, I have done a couple of smaller hatches, ten eggs each. The first we had 4 hatch out of 6 fertile eggs (4 were not fertile) and the last we had 9 out of 10. Out of those 13 we ended up with only 5 hens! So I am hoping to add a few hens and maybe have a couple extras to give to my grandmother and friends.

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
My shipped quail eggs came in!
celebrate.gif
10 total, a couple of them had hairline cracks so I put glue on those. None had rolling air cells though. Set them in my new R-com bator along with a couple chicken eggs
cool.png

:weee :weee :weee My shipped quail eggs came in! :celebrate 10 total, a couple of them had hairline cracks so I put glue on those. None had rolling air cells though. Set them in my new R-com bator along with a couple chicken eggs :cool:  

I've heard of a little candle wax but glue?! Cool. Keep us updated on them
1f60a.png

I've heard of a little candle wax but glue?! Cool. Keep us updated on them
1f60a.png

I forgot about candle wax,
hmm.png
that would probably have been easier to use. The glue took a bit to dry lol. I'm really hoping at least a few hatch because these are silver and cream coturnix which are very pretty.

Welcome to the 2016 Easter Hatch A Long!
jumpy.gif

I would like to be added to the hatch-a-long please
wee.gif
jumpy.gif

I would like to participate but want to know if I can set ends the Friday or Thursday March 3rd or 4th. I am a teacher and would like the eggs to hatch during the school week.

I successfully hatched chickens in my class last year, I think this may be a fun contest for my class to be a part of.
jumpy.gif

I'm in!!!

jumpy.gif

This will be my first hatch along, I am planning on setting 24 eggs.

jumpy.gif

jumpy.gif

I'm in! It will be my first time trying to hatch so we'll see if it works!
jumpy.gif

Hatching Participant List is Current to Post 4567

Last edited:
I forgot about candle wax, :/ that would probably have been easier to use. The glue took a bit to dry lol. I'm really hoping at least a few hatch because these are silver and cream coturnix which are very pretty.
Good luck. I just got 4 new babies myself. 1 Americana 1 cuckoo Maran and 2 golden laces Wyandottes
1f60a.png
1f60a.png
husband wasn't happy but I am
1f61c.png

It will be here before ya know it.
big_smile.png

Oh boy..I will be doing the six yr. club soon!

th.gif
Glad to hear it. I almost had a heart attack FOR you.

Congrats! I'll be there before long. Just a few more months.

Oh man I wanna be in the fiver club !
hit.gif

Hononary fiver club member?

Actually, I got to looking and am embarrassed to say I really never really looked too closely at the badges. Apparently I've been a fiver for over 11 months.
hide.gif
Soon to leave the fabulous fivers for the sexy sixers?
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom