The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Count us in then! I teach 4th grade and will be using my eggs from my chickens this year. I have a mix of brama, barred rock and few golden wyndotte. Our rooster is a barred rock though. Will be interesting to see the mixes that come out. Our broody hens have mostly been our barred rocks. :) I'll most likely set the 3rd of March.
Also planning on setting the 3rd as long as my eggs come in on the second like they're supposed to. 6 MPC eggs for education eggs, Plus eggs from our own flock- silver laced wyandottes, and slw/EE mixes, possibly a couple other mixes too, and maybe some of our silkie eggs too.
I seem to have lost a quote. I'm setting White Chantecler over various breeds, FBCM if I can get my hen to lay in her nest, whatever my friend get's from her boyfriend, and, wait for it.... SILKIES!!!! I got my first Silkie egg today!
Wow. That's not the silkie egg is it?

Lock down :weee

I got it. They should arrive on Monday. I was following Ebay auctions for Neiderhieners. There are two different farms that are currently selling. One is selling 10+ Neiders and the other is selling them as part of a 17+ mix with Orust and Kraienkops. The all Neider blew up in the last 3 minutes form $54 to $102! Then one of the 2 variety auctions went the same way just not quite as high. The second variety auction stayed low enough that it fit my budget and I got them. I hadn't meant to get some until later but I figured I might not get the chance to catch them at my affordable range.

I won an aution also for 17+ with 4 different breeds including Neiders. That's why i asked, I wondered if we were competing! Lol glad we both won... Yay for us. I have 3 Neider babies and they are the sweetest i have ever had.

I won an aution also for 17+ with 4 different breeds including Neiders. That's why i asked, I wondered if we were competing! Lol glad we both won... Yay for us. I have 3 Neider babies and they are the sweetest i have ever had.

I got them in this morning! Unpacked and there were 5 Neider eggs but one was crushed. The other eggs all around were just fine so I am betting it already had a hairline crack. But I have 6 Oruste (sp) and 8 Twentse. I am going to have to look up how to spell and pronounce these guys. They have been resting since 10 this morning. Do you think I could put them in at 10 tonight or should I give it to the morning?

Really wanting to join the Easter Hatch-a-long this year if I can get some eggs. :) I haven't gotten my chickens separated yet so no purebred eggs from my own hens for a couple weeks yet. May hatch out some cross breeds just for fun, if I don't end up getting any purebred eggs in time.

Back
Top Bottom