The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Hi all! I'm thousands of posts behind! No way I can catch up. I'm sure there are lots of hatching stories and lots of lock down ones. GO CHICKIES GO!!!!!!

For me - Lock down today! I started this HAL with 60, took out 15 of my 19 silkies. My rooster was not doing his job in February. Took out all the Trader Joe eggs. Was ready to lock down the rest, and I dropped a Spitzhauben chick. I opened the Brinsea when it was tilted and this one came loose. It bled EVERYWHERE and soon died.
hit.gif
That leaves me with 15 Spitzhauben, 15 Bantem Blue EE eggs and 4 of my own silkies. Lots of Wonky air cells, but I laid them all flat and will hope for the best!

This is my first hatch in the Brinsea - let's hope it goes better than my LG or my deathbator!

As a side note, my deathbator is actually hatching chicks. 17 eggs in, 5 have hatched, 2 more are pipped. Let's hope I wake up to more chicks!!

Happy hatching everyone!!

Hi all! I'm thousands of posts behind! No way I can catch up. I'm sure there are lots of hatching stories and lots of lock down ones. GO CHICKIES GO!!!!!!

For me - Lock down today! I started this HAL with 60, took out 15 of my 19 silkies. My rooster was not doing his job in February. Took out all the Trader Joe eggs. Was ready to lock down the rest, and I dropped a Spitzhauben chick. I opened the Brinsea when it was tilted and this one came loose. It bled EVERYWHERE and soon died.
hit.gif
That leaves me with 15 Spitzhauben, 15 Bantem Blue EE eggs and 4 of my own silkies. Lots of Wonky air cells, but I laid them all flat and will hope for the best!

This is my first hatch in the Brinsea - let's hope it goes better than my LG or my deathbator!

As a side note, my deathbator is actually hatching chicks. 17 eggs in, 5 have hatched, 2 more are pipped. Let's hope I wake up to more chicks!!

Happy hatching everyone!!

Good luck to all your hatching and hope to be reading about you little wonders
jumpy.gif

@Lacrystol @caesargirl @Debs Flock

Hi, can anyone let me know if i should assist anymore. I think i really know the answer, but just want a confirmation.
My Pekin duck is on day 26
this is what the AC looks like. to me it looks like the duck has not broken through or moved into the AC
this is where she/he is pipping from, the side. the lowest part of the AC is on the back side of where she is pipping.
I peeled back some membrane and I saw red veins, which means the veins still have blood flowing through, correct?
I stopped and blotted the membrane w/a damp papertowel and put her back in the bator. she is breathing and pipping (trying to hatch).
should i just keep watch and wait.?
my Q is, if she has not broken through the AC, she doesnt have enough room to move around and get out, correct?

Looks like you will need to keep assisting ... keep chipping away, a little at a time, taking your time. You can help off and on for quite a while. May take a few hrs. before you can see that the baby is ready. Does the blood look absorbed? Can you see if the yolk has absorbed? Good luck. Taking time is important... a little at a time. Good luck!

GOOD MOURNING FROM 8 ORUST CHICKS!!! Eight out of ten on shipped eggs! I'll take a 80 percent hatch rate on shipped eggs any day. These are to coolest chicks iv ever seen!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom