The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Happy Chooks, Jan 20, 2016.

1. JoyfulPromise

JoyfulPromise Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2011
    Fostoria, MI
    Awww![​IMG] Congratulations! What breeds are you hatching again?

2. KYTinpusher

KYTinpusher Master Enabler

Sep 3, 2011
    Northern KY
    Sorry that the pictures are not very good. It is quite cloudy here today and he wouldn't sit still[​IMG]so most of the pictures were blurry. That is not color breakthrough in his hackles, it is feather shafts shedding.
    Here he is next to his girl
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice! If you are starting out with at least one with a black mouth, you are doing good. It will take a lot of breeding and a lot of judicious culling to make a good breeding flock. Most of mine still have pink/gray and gray/black mouths. My first cock had a very mulberry comb, but he produced some nice chicks and I am continuing to improve as I keep breeding. I started with 2 trios - 1 was the mulberry-combed cock from GFF over ECF hens, and the other trio was all GFF and produced the woolly chicks.

3. jwlpoultry

jwlpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    Ahh.... NO! [​IMG]One of those signs is for me! [​IMG]

I want one too. [​IMG]

4. NTBugtraq

NTBugtraq ex-Surgeon General

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My color explosion continues. These are 2nd generation in my inbreeding trial. Fathers are pure BCMs, mothers are red sexlink/BCM crosses. Same fathers for both generations. The one on the left is a coloring I haven't seen before in my chicks, and I'm amazed at how many of them there are too. ...24 so far.

5. LadyCluck77

LadyCluck77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2013
    Maine
    That's a great story- I'm very amused with odd-looking Easter bunny costumes because when my son turned 1, we took him to the local mall to "meet the Easter bunny". The costume was probably new in the '70's and it was very worn and creepy-looking. I googled "creepy Easter bunny costume" and apparently just about every town has a creepy Easter bunny that visits local malls... some costumes are worse than others.

6. nate1the1great1

nate1the1great1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2014
    Colorado

We already know that it's becuase she is spoiled... Some people are just like that, for some dumb reason...

7. Hurley

Hurley Egg Of A Different Color

Mar 17, 2010
    Palmyra, WI
    My Coop
    I think...I might ....HAVE to...perhaps..............oh, paint silkie eggs........ must resist......someone tape my fingers together so I can't type...

Soooooooo tempting. I love them.

8. KYTinpusher

KYTinpusher Master Enabler

Sep 3, 2011
    Northern KY
    Very cute! [​IMG]

Do it! Do it! You know you want to, so DO IT! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] (You are asking the wrong crowd to help with restraint [​IMG])

9. treylaura

treylaura Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2015
    please add me! laura herringdine

10. GitaBooks

GitaBooks Overrun With Chickens

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
    They are so cute! I love all the different colors that hatch from my crosses.

Lol. [​IMG]

I want a paint silkie too.

Welcome! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by