The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

I wanted to share something totally unrelated to the HAL but my kids and I went outside and built a snowman today and my youngest in red came up with the idea of giving the snowman a pet chicken LOL

I wanted to share something totally unrelated to the HAL but my kids and I went outside and built a snowman today and my youngest in red came up with the idea of giving the snowman a pet chicken LOL
Awww
1f60d.png
raising them right.

Ok so I have my eggs sitting like this in the bator, easy for turning. When day 18 hits and I
Go into lockdown, do I leave them on thwir side, or put them fat end up?

Ok, I wondered what these would turn out to be like. My Bubba.. a RIR rooster, and my white silkie make cute babies..so far, red. This one has some grey in it, down the back of it's neck..hmm? The feet are soooo feathered! And it has that cute silkie tail bump..cute. :) Got mostly dads coloring though. :)
I have one in there that is pipped..bet it's red too.
Bubba is gone, but I have several of his eggs in from a pure RIR hen, those will be fun. I won't be buying RIR hatching eggs this yr. or buying one from the feed store. Love having the RIR in they yard.

love her footsies!! and color!

I AM READY!!!! Lol here is what I have( left to right).. Digital still air incubator, Circulated incubator, Cage cups for show, leg bands for my show birds, Amprol 128 coccidiosis antibioctic, my inciminating pipettes fro the show birds for breeding, Tek troll concentrate so I can mix with water to spray the incubators or anything ( it's a disynfectant) Tek tell aerosol can, so I can spray eggs, Q tips, flock fuel, and catalogs,books, and other booklets... I have more in my cabinets, but that's just medicine like vetrx, tetracycline, chick probiotics, and Vaseline. I think I am going a little overboard... Nope, no such thing as overboard ?
Nathan!!! fantasic!! love the BYC are they your stones for waters?
hugs.gif
how are you doing this weekend?

LOVE IT!!! and the kiddos!!! looks so very bright!!

Ok so I have my eggs sitting like this in the bator, easy for turning. When day 18 hits and I
Go into lockdown, do I leave them on thwir side, or put them fat end up?
beautiful!!! how are air cells?

Okay hey everyone here's another update on Jasmine she is still in her doctor crate without food, she has had water and been offered a bit of grit, since we haven't seen her eat what was offered. We have been going back and forth between impacted and doughy crop. Tomorrow we will be getting the missing ingredients we need to make the doughy crop remedy. Today in case it would help we gave her 2 stool softener gels(the meds inside) with 1 cc of baby carrots. She took it with little fight and has been receiving several crop massages a day. Tomorrow we are planning on doing the first wave of mite attacking and I'm hoping it all goes well.

In the mean time Jasmine's crop is smaller than it was(used to be about the size of a small-medium peach and is now down to a ping pong ball or so) It also feels as though it is much less doughy. There has still not been a smell coming from Jasmine's beak. I'm hopeful but still worried.

We have been thinking about it and would like to worm the flock but want to be sure that it is something that is fda approved. How long are the withdrawal periods for the wormers you mentioned?
How long after the dusting should we wait to work them?
Will we still be able to collect and hatch egg for the hatch-a-long if we worm them this week?
I'm also guessing we have to wait until Jasmine's crop is empty ideally?
Be careful doing too much to her at once. If she isn't eating, try wetting her food. Or offer scrambled eggs, they will usually eat that.

I AM READY!!!! Lol here is what I have( left to right).. Digital still air incubator, Circulated incubator, Cage cups for show, leg bands for my show birds, Amprol 128 coccidiosis antibioctic, my inciminating pipettes fro the show birds for breeding, Tek troll concentrate so I can mix with water to spray the incubators or anything ( it's a disynfectant) Tek tell aerosol can, so I can spray eggs, Q tips, flock fuel, and catalogs,books, and other booklets... I have more in my cabinets, but that's just medicine like vetrx, tetracycline, chick probiotics, and Vaseline. I think I am going a little overboard... Nope, no such thing as overboard ?
Ummmm, I think you have more stuff than I do.
lau.gif

That is great!

Back
Top Bottom