The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Very cool I also wish I understood it. Very very cool to see some farms in the US ought to consider this
Count their toes and see what color skin they have. When I've seen bantam bins they tend to be a mix and silkie chicks or Brahma chicks haven't been too unusual in my limited experience.

Also d'uccles, we got an amazing cockeral out of a bantam bin last year but sadly lost him to a freak accident.

Just had to say you all are driving me nuts been busy the last couple days I've missed you all. I was 200 posts behind.

Went and got the chicks from @junibutt last night of course we get there and our heating pad for the ride home breaks, luckily they were perfectly content with the heat on and snuggled in a towel, so no big deal right? Then on the way home we got sideswiped by a deer, saw those eyes bug out guys ;) lol, no worries the babies didn't even wake up and we're all okay. The deer even got up and ran away, and the car is almost completely fine. It wasn't until today we noticed a big clump of deer hair stuck in the wheel rim- that had to hurt and two little places with radiating cracks in the rear driver fender. All in all I think we all got off lucky the deer most of all we thought for sure it was gunna be dead. Wouldn't you know that happened maybe ten minutes from our house. Sorry got sidetracked anyway we get home and put the babies in their brooder and go to switch on the light and the filament in the bulb breaks. Ugh like you've got to be kidding. Luckily we found a temporary replacement bulb for last night and ran to the store today.

Sorry for the long-winded story but who would've thought.

Anyway without further ado heres my newest littles

Sorry about the picture quality will try to post some better ones soon.

Put shoes on the little white sport who has some slightly curled toes(both middle toes) thinking it is from being a late hatch but idk. I've never booted a chick before but I thought I'd better try before his/her bones stiffen.
I think the "crest" may be a bit smaller than the pics we all saw right after hatch I'm hoping this means the vaulted skull is healing but we'll see. In all other ways the white sport seems totally normal running playing eating and drinking. It does hate it's shoes. Can't wait to watch them grow and find out all the genders of the ones idk.

Thank you again @junibutt.

In other news our golden Laced sebright was in the nest box today as she's been thinking about going broody lol she managed to have 11 eggs in there and actually quite well covered considering only two were bantam eggs. If she commits she may also be joining the hatch-a-long :D

Congrats :weee

In that video there is probably more chickens
Waking down that ramp than what I own lol

Quit bidding, until it gets close..everyone keeps bidding..it keeps going up.  Wait until the last 3 mins. then put in the highest you would let yourself go. No higher than what you have in mind.  Got it?  :p
Thanks for the tip. I'm not a big eBay bidder. Haven't done it a bunch. Well really three times this makes three. But I will wait and do that. Iv noticed that you can put in the max bid you would pay and it will only raise it a dollar. Can people see your max bid?

Thanks for the tip. I'm not a big eBay bidder. Haven't done it a bunch. Well really three times this makes three. But I will wait and do that. Iv noticed that you can put in the max bid you would pay and it will only raise it a dollar. Can people see your max bid?

No your max bid is hidden.

People seem to wait til the last few seconds to place their max bid. Because ebay doesn't have extended time and if your outbid you don't have a chance to bid more.

Good luck on getting your eggs.

Gooooooooooood morning folks!
Today is my birthday and I fully intend on buying myself chicken related :lau

I decided not to set my two turkey eggs for the hatchalong, and wait until I can set more. Luckily, I am getting tons of chicken eggs so I still will have lots to let by next weekend.

I also wait until the last minute to bid and to assure that I won't go "competition crazy" & get caught up in a bidding war, I decide what my MAX bid is beforehand - the absolute MOST I'm willing to pay or what I think it's worth to me. Then, once that last minute starts to count down, I enter my max bid. If someone outbids me then, I know I got the best chance at it and it wasn't meant to be.
1f60a.png

If you start bidding at the beginning of an auction, put in a bid close to your max bid. That way, as others bid it up in small increments, they are continually outbid and may get discouraged and decide to wait for the next auction. If they do reach your bid, don't bid again until very end to fake out the other bidder(s) that you are no longer interested and they can relax. Then very close to the end, put in your absolute max bid.

If you continually bid up in small amounts, it always looks like you are close to your max amount and may give in at any time, so your competition will be thinking "just a little bit more and I can get him to give up." With both of you thinking that way, the price can go much higher.

Back
Top Bottom