The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

I wont be in the Easter hatch. Take me off the list.

Wont have eggs in time and just realized I posted in Trader Joe Eggs Hatch a long earlier today saying the same thing...think I need a larger computer screen...

Happy Hatching all. Best of luck.

So out of my 11 eggs that made it to lockdown, 8 hatched successifully, I didn't do eggtopsy because I didn't want to see dead chicks. I added 2 more chicks buff orpingtons from the red store.
My phone is not letting me post pictures

I have two shipments of eggs coming to me, one is supposed to come today, and the other on the 2nd. Do we have to set on March 5th to be counted?

I've been told you can set them up to two days early or two days later and it'll still count. Thursday at noon would be the earliest in order to count. Not sure if I can wait that long, the shipper eggs I got today have awful air cells, so I may have to set them sooner.

So, I hatched these chicks out of my incubator exactally a month ago. And I am worried that they all are roosters. Can you guys give me your opinion?
1. BCM

2. SLW X RSL

3. BCM x EE

4. EE x Cuckoo Marans

The first looks like it could be a roo but to me the other ones look like pullets! I don't know the breeds though so time will tell. Also with my Barred Rock, I thought they (used to have 2) were roos because the comb looked huge to me even at as day olds so I was worried but she just happened to have bigger combs and wattles than my other breeds. So the first one could end up being a girl too. I never found out about my second BR as she died at 6 days old but this one is 18 weeks and still acting like a girl. So you never know.

Oh and actually I do have 2 EEs so I guess i do partially have experience with those ones and their combs look pretty normal to me. Although mine are 18 weeks now but the comb never really grew. Looks like a normal size pea comb to me but i guess youll see. I thought one or both of those were roos too but not by the comb but because they were very loud and liked to climb on things. Both of those are girls too though. As are the other 5 chicks (3 Buff Orpingtons and 2 Black Australorps). No eggs yet though! I hope for your sake theyre all girls :(

I wont be in the Easter hatch. Take me off the list.

Wont have eggs in time and just realized I posted in Trader Joe Eggs Hatch a long earlier today saying the same thing...think I need a larger computer screen...

Happy Hatching all. Best of luck.
hugs.gif

So out of my 11 eggs that made it to lockdown, 8 hatched successifully, I didn't do eggtopsy because I didn't want to see dead chicks. I added 2 more chicks buff orpingtons from the red store.
My phone is not letting me post pictures
clap.gif
Congratulations on the new chicks!

So, I hatched these chicks out of my incubator exactally a month ago. And I am worried that they all are roosters. Can you guys give me your opinion?
1. BCM

2. SLW X RSL

3. BCM x EE

4. EE x Cuckoo Marans
The first 2 look like cockerels and the second 2 look like pullets.

1. BCM

2. SLW X RSL

3. BCM x EE

4. EE x Cuckoo Marans

First two definitely look like boys. Id wait another week or two on the other two and check back. I think 3 looks roo-ish and no clue on 4 yet.

Back
Top Bottom