The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

I set my eggs on March 4th. I have some pure Rhode Island Red eggs, some Rhode Island Red/EE eggs, and some Rhode Island Red/Barred Rock eggs. I was so stoked when I found out that Black Stars come from Rhode Island Red rooster/Barred Rock hen crosses :D I candled the eggs this morning but I have no idea what I'm really looking for. This is day 5 and my brown eggs are a little hard to see through. The EE eggs are even harder to see through. This is my very first time incubating. What should a complete novice like me be able to see?

I set my eggs on March 4th. I have some pure Rhode Island Red eggs, some Rhode Island Red/EE eggs, and some Rhode Island Red/Barred Rock eggs. I was so stoked when I found out that Black Stars come from Rhode Island Red rooster/Barred Rock hen crosses
big_smile.png
I candled the eggs this morning but I have no idea what I'm really looking for. This is day 5 and my brown eggs are a little hard to see through. The EE eggs are even harder to see through. This is my very first time incubating. What should a complete novice like me be able to see?
First of all, make sure your candling light has fresh batteries, it makes a world of difference. By day 5, you should be able to see where the yolk has started spreading out veins near the aircell, you may even be able to see the tiny dark spot that is the embryo.

First of all, make sure your candling light has fresh batteries, it makes a world of difference. By day 5, you should be able to see where the yolk has started spreading out veins near the aircell, you may even be able to see the tiny dark spot that is the embryo.
Okay. Thank you! I used my flashlight. Maybe I should buy an actual candler?

:bow to all of you that have over 100 eggs in y sayour bator.  I don't know how you brood so many chicks!

I am fortunate to have 4 brooder pens set up. I use heating pad mama brooders so they are not in my house. I figured that out after the first batch was in my "Pig Room" that houses over 1000 pieces of collectibles. Imagine trying to dust all of that after having chicks in there for 6weeks+ never again! Only have a temporary holding tank in there now.

Hello, sorry to hear about your son. I know I don't know you, but over 6 yrs ago when I met my husband my daughter attended public school and daycare and was sick often (colds, sore throats, ear infections and all the other standard kid illnesses. My husband purchased a silver lungs generator to make colloidal silver with and my daughter hasn't seen a doctor for an illness since that day. When our ears hurt we drink some and drop some in our ears, use it in a nasal spray bottle for stuffy noses, drink it when I have a stomach ache, almost anything....coupled with clean eating (the Abs Diet for women) and it always works!!! Our puppies survived Parvo without every seeing a vet and we used colloidal silver. It has been around for thousands of years. People use to eat with real silverware, drink out of silver goblets, and they would drop a pure piece of silver in barrels of water to keep it from growing bacteria and going stagnant. You can buy it at the store, but for a very high price and not the quality (40 parts per million) you can produce at your own home for much less. Silverlungs.com
I hope someone reads this and finds it as useful as we have. I have asthma too and it comes with a nebulizer kit and I've used it many times for my asthma and for a severe lung infection my husband had climbing under the cabin (Moldy and musty)
If anyone has any questions or wants to know more feel free to ask me
263a.png

I'll look it up thanks
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom