The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Wishing you luck
1f618.png

Thanks

I would Love to join this Years Hatch-a-long! I what I could get out of my old retiring girls, I have a mixed group under the only surviving purebred Mottled Java Roo. This should be interesting.
big_smile.png
Welcome! How many eggs did you set?

And does this look right I think it does and it's a still air so it should be at 101 right
That is a hovabator 1602N. I have the same one. It's a good incubator once you learn how to use it. Do not count on the thermometer it comes with, if possible get a Brinsea Spot Check Thermometer, it's super accurate.

The light on my hova bator keeps turning off and I don't know why I hassle bled like they said too HELP:caf
It will cycle on and off, that is normal. When you make adjustments, you make teeny adjustments to the knob and wait several hours.

This picture cracks me up. The chicks are giving me the look one would get when they walk up to a group of people having a deep conversation, which may or may not have your name involved.
Too funny.
lau.gif

My incubator spiked to 110 last night what do I do
Open the lid and let the heat out.

If the motor stopped working, then if needs to be replaced - egg turner motors easy to get on eBay & Amazon. But, check to see if the little arm is still in the "track". Mine would pop out when I double stacked it, but with a rubber band it's fine now.

Thanks, maybe I can try that. Mine is just a Little Giant. Don't think the arm itself is popping out, but the metal housing pulls apart just enough that the motor doesn't catch. It is definitely running, it is hot. I only have 4 eggs stacked on top of the full 42. Took all the eggs out to remove the turner and laid the eggs in yesterday morning before work, then after work was able to mess around with it and get it working again, so reloaded all the eggs back on the turner in the incubator. Didn't look like it moved again this morning, will check it again tonight. Ugh.

My incubator spiked to 110 last night what do I do
You need to turn your dial down immediately. If it's still at 110 right now you can open the top for a little bit to let your temp get down that's what iv done. From what I read your a little unfamiliar with the mechanics of your incubator. Witch is perfectly fine we all had a learning curve so don't be discouraged. There are many videos on utube that will show you the ends and our basic things about your incubator. I would suggest you go watch a few they help a lot. As far as the temp spike goes Sally already posted a great thread on what to do. And she's much more knowledgeable about it then I am. I would read her whole post its so informative on the ends and out. Good luck and I hope your eggs make it.

You need to turn your dial down immediately. If it's still at 110 right now you can open the top for a little bit to let your temp get down that's what iv done. From what I read your a little unfamiliar with the mechanics of your incubator. Witch is perfectly fine we all had a learning curve so don't be discouraged. There are many videos on utube that will show you the ends and our basic things about your incubator. I would suggest you go watch a few they help a lot. As far as the temp spike goes Sally already posted a great thread on what to do. And she's much more knowledgeable about it then I am. I would read her whole post its so informative on the ends and out. Good luck and I hope your eggs make it.
Also that thermometer that came with your incubator is not very good. I had the same exact one it was 5 degrees under. You can go to lowes and get a digital one that runs humid and temp. I use them I think there like 9 bucks. There accuright or something like that. But I would definitely get a second thermometer.

I gave in and candled. I have one clear and one with a bloodring. This leaves 10 eggs, BUT GUESS WHAT? The brinsea ecoglo bars that hold the egg in the turners suck. I guess they were put too tight against the eggs and it cracked one, leaving an inditation and a hairline crack. I candled and freaked out when i saw it was alive. I painted elmers glue over it all and covered it with thin paper towel and glued back over that. Cross your fingers for this little baby!

Back
Top Bottom