The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Got our first egg today!!
big_smile.png
woot.gif

Is it possible to tell the gender of a chicken before it hatches
No, not with our breeds. There is a project in Europe with sexlinked chicks that have different feather color--They can tell the males from the females by using a light to look at the chicks before hatch.

Like I said, that will not work with our breeds.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh! If you don't speak it maybe it won't happen.
sad.png

After all these 70-80 degree days I AM SPOILED!

Had to pull the winter coat back out this morning. After shorts last week it was depressing. Yes, I'm spoiled.

I know. I had to wash some long sleeved shirts this morning just to have something to work outside in. I was supposed to be putting them up.
tongue.gif
And my refridgerator went out overnight so having to shift food to the three mini fridges and cook what can't fit.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh!  If you don't speak it maybe it won't happen. :(

After all these 70-80 degree days I AM SPOILED!

Had to pull the winter coat back out this morning. After shorts last week it was depressing. Yes, I'm spoiled.

You're not alone! Was just getting used to the warmth... :/

@RavynFallen

What is your current duck count, Oh Queen of the Call Ducks?

I will have to see those little cuties in person sometime! Could you post some baby call duck pictures plz?

@RavynFallen

What is your current duck count, Oh Queen of the Call Ducks?

I will have to see those little cuties in person sometime! Could you post some baby call duck pictures plz?

Our place isn't much, but you're welcome to come by anytime! :D

I have to :gig I just did a count last night... :oops:

We are up to 70 of various ages and colors on the ground now...

Our place isn't much, but you're welcome to come by anytime!
big_smile.png

I have to
gig.gif
I just did a count last night...
hide.gif

We are up to 70 of various ages and colors on the ground now...

They are ADORABLE! It would be easy to get hooked on them. 'specially like the blue and yellow ones. I better not come see them, some would probably jump in my car.
jumpy.gif

Moved more chicks out of the house last night to a raised outside brooder on the porch and the ones in that brooder graduated to a raised chicken tractor in the yard. I just keep chanting 'no coccidia, no coccidia' over and over. So far
fl.gif

Just 1 group in the house currently and part of them are going to live in TX tomorrow...then 50 ish to begin hatching Friday. OH MY.

You have green grass. That is amazing! Is that water? Those are some lucky ducks!

Back
Top Bottom