The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

4 chicks now!
celebrate.gif
thumbsup.gif

Move all eggs out of the turners! Separated types with my daughters legos. I hope the heat distributes evenly! Lock Down is happening now
1f601.png

LEGOS!!!! I've got tons!!! I'm dropping kids off and going to build a Lego barrier.
1f602.png

I just saw my first pip right before kids walked out door.

OK I went on lockdown last night around 11pm and I already have a baby born, the baby looks good but WOW that seems really fast. Should I worry because the others do not seem to be too far behind.... After only 4 hatches I have gone from "hurry and be born" to "SLOW DOWN and take your time" LOL

This morning makes day 19.5 and... not one external pip. I know I have no excuse whatsoever to be panicking yet but I'm totally panicking. My first hatch of 20 eggs resulted in 2 chicks. My second hatch of 18 eggs resulted in 7 chicks. Now, my third hatch of 24 eggs resulted in 2 chicks. I can feel the hope just trickling away for my 30 EE eggs in the incubator. Come on guys, give me sign of life!
hit.gif

Shipped eggs in carton (total of 8) and my hens eggs/some local eggs laying on their sides...aquarium tubing I put through the top vent hole to add water to sponge dish if humidity starts to drop...currently holding at 66%
1f60a.png
1f44d-1f3fb.png
1f60a.png
1f44d-1f3fb.png

Remember to take "Mug Shots" & "Selfies with Fowl"​

of your chicks/chickens for the April HAL contest!​

Amazing Prizes already being donated!​

"Springing in the Chicks"
2016 April Hatch-a-Long

Hosted by Mike & Sally

Eggs in bator ANYTIME in April

EVERYONE is Welcome!

Set whenever you wish as long as eggs are in the incubators or under hens any day in April!

NEW COOL CONTESTS!

Fowl drawing/painting Contest CLICK HERE

“Share a Laugh” Random Posting Thread CLICK HERE

“Share Helpful BYC TIPS” Random Post Thread CLICK HERE

Chick Mug Shots CLICK HERE

Selfies with Fowl CLICK HERE

Remember to take "Mug Shots" & "Selfies with Fowl"​

of your chicks/chickens for the April HAL contest!​

Amazing Prizes already being donated!​

[COLOR=EE82EE]"Springing in the Chicks" [/COLOR] 2016 April Hatch-a-Long

Hosted by Mike & Sally

Eggs in bator ANYTIME in April

EVERYONE is Welcome!

Set whenever you wish as long as eggs are in the incubators or under hens any day in April!

NEW COOL CONTESTS!

Fowl drawing/painting Contest CLICK HERE

“Share a Laugh” Random Posting Thread CLICK HERE

“Share Helpful BYC TIPS” Random Post Thread CLICK HERE

Chick Mug Shots CLICK HERE

Selfies with Fowl CLICK HERE

I MUST enter some of these!! So much to do!!

Up to 5 pips here - 3 Silkies, plus the two Wheaten AM's that pipped last night.
big_smile.png
Still looking for the first pip on the Jubilee Orps, Bielefelders, and Swedish Flower Hens.
fl.gif

Congrats to all those who already have hatched chicks!
clap.gif

I am a bit frustrated with the Ova-Easy incubator as it seems to struggle SO much to get humidity over 55%!!
he.gif
I had the same trouble last week with my first hatch - it does great up to 50%, then struggles to 55%, and runs constantly with little to no results trying to get up to 60%! It has the automatic humidity control and reservoir, which is definitely working, and the evaporation tray is filling up with water, but just doesn't seem to be raising the humidity like it should.
idunno.gif
I finally got it to go up over 60% by opening the door quickly and splashing some hot water on a folded papertowel that I have lining the floor in front of the hatching tray. When the chicks start hatching, it does go up a little, it got up to 67% once last week during the hatch, but if it drops between hatchings, it struggles again to raise the humidity again to a decent hatching level! Anyone else on here have experience with one of the Brinsea Ova-Easy cabinet incubators, and any tips on humidity control during lockdown?
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom