The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

So... I'm totally freaking out right now.... my incubator was hit and all six eggs that went to lock down turned 2-3 rotations.
th.gif
I uprighted the eggs within 10 seconds to their original position.

Did that kill any of them? Can they hatch now?
hit.gif

So... I'm totally freaking out right now.... my incubator was hit and all six eggs that went to lock down turned 2-3 rotations.
th.gif
I uprighted the eggs within 10 seconds to their original position.

Did that kill any of them? Can they hatch now?
hit.gif
As long as it didn't crack them or jolt them too bad, you should be fine.

Ok guys. My latest hatch has something going on with its legs. No splayed from what I can find via pictures but he can't get them under him. They bend and all he just keeps falling onto his butt. Just still real weak? Splayed legs? Idk. I'll watch him close.

Probably just still weak. Had one hatch out that I thought had splayed legs 2 weeks ago, couldn't get her legs under her, she figured it out after about 4 hours and has been fine ever since.

Ok guys. My latest hatch has something going on with its legs. No splayed from what I can find via pictures but he can't get them under him. They bend and all he just keeps falling onto his butt. Just still real weak? Splayed legs? Idk. I'll watch him close.
Doesn't sound like splayed legs, probably just weak. How long ago did it hatch?

I have chicks out now..lots of pips. Wonder what's up with a lot of us having early hatches. Oh well, they look good.
Congratulations, I hope the rest of your hatch goes well!
jumpy.gif

Quote: Great Banti!
yesss.gif

Day nineteen here and no action. Of course, I've been outside most of the day. I know there's no pips, but there could be some peeping. 21 eggs doing great at lockdown yesterday!
Shouldn't be much longer now!
fl.gif

I had that EXACT problem. Here is the solution in picture form (except Lucky just had 1 leg like that).
materials: cloth, duct tape, big container (I used a wide-mouth masonry jar I had lying around) and two teeny containers (soda pop lids worked better than the ones shown here.) Leave it in there for a couple days, but take out for breaks, to clean it, etc

Cut holes for its' widdle feet, tape fabric onto container, tape lids/teeny containers on for food and water, and insert chick.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom