The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

7 more pips this morning, it's going to be a good day
woot.gif

Quote: That's real dedication, but it sounds like it's time for a change.

Who's in the not-yet-externally-pipped-eggs club?
gig.gif

I am...
barnie.gif
Oh no, I hope you get one soon!

@mlm Mike

TOTAL HATCH NUMBER FOR ME ~ 7

The 7 that made it to lockdown all hatched
jumpy.gif
5 Columbian black tails & 2 bantam pekin.

The pekin were the last so they are still drying off but the others have moved to the brooder.
woot.gif
Congratulations!

this morning I have 9 pips! (day 20)
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
wee.gif

AAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!
I have a pip! And 3 others are rocking!

I should nap now it's going to be a long night glued to the incubator.
A nap is a good idea, if you plan on watching all night!

2 hatched with 3 pips.
woot.gif

Last night my only good Rosecomb egg started to zip. And I am not ashamed to say I stayed up to watch.
lol.png
Glad I did too, because toward the end I noticed the humidity had dropped and membrane was drying and had glued the chick to the egg. So I had assist. My old styro bator has been good to me for almost 9 years, but it looks like I will be looking for a new incubator.

Still, I am very happy with my hatch! Even if I only got one chick.
clap.gif
thumbsup.gif

Im out......all of mine are dead. Not surprised. Ill stick to hatching my own eggs. Im absolutly done trying to hatch other peoples eggs. Ends the same way everytime.
I'm sorry.

Our 2 favorites that hatched last night!

Out of 21 10 have hatched and 6 have external pips.
smile.png
Sounds like your hah is going great!
woot.gif

ok my official hatch count is 21 out of 22!!!! I love my brinsea!!
Wonderful hatch! Congratulations!
clap.gif

Candled today. 8 quitters and 6 pipped but Dead In Shell. Five looked to be a little wet and may have drowned. One was shrink wrapped. Upped the humidity by turning on the fog fountain again.
Twenty-eight left that have veins and still stand a chance of hatching. Forty-two in the brooder.

Three of the chicken eggs are set to hatch Sunday. They look good with air spaces and veins on the edge and full and dark. Two of the chicken eggs are not part of the EHAL and are due the 31st. One is a OE and Is impervious to the light. The other is a Sapphire. I think this one is a little underdeveloped but there are veins and it may still surprised me.

For those that use the heating pad caves I discovered something. Had a quail chick that was stretched out flat gaping and curling backwards. Dipped his beak about 5 times in the water/ACV/sugar mix and then tucked him between the towel and the thin foam sheets I had on top of the heating pad. Left just his head poking out. Came back in about an hour and he had slipped out. I lifted the cave to make sure he was OK and all I saw was healthy warm chick running around.
ya.gif
Oh, and blowing in there faces will make them swallow the water.

YAY!!!!!!
wee.gif
There is another orp pipped. It has a hole chipped out. I'm afraid the humidity dropped ad it can't turn. I took the hydrometer out and put it in the Brinsea because lock down is tomorrow and I wanted to make sure I got the humidity right. I misted the orp egg hoping that will help. i can't believe so many have hatched. Goes to show not to give up to early.

Another has a hole chipped out. I'm afraid the humidity is too low and it won't be able to turn. I misted the egg just in case hoping it helps. I can't believe so many hatched. I thought they where all dead.

I have no idea on numbers yet! 107 chicken and 19 coturnix quail went into lockdown. I do know there are 14 quail at this time. I had to leave for work at 5:30 am and am still here. We pulled 7 or 8 out last night and 22 this morning from the wine cooler hatcher, and 11 I think from the sportsman so far. First report from home today said 13 more in cooler and 5 in sportsman. I am sure I am off in the numbers and will wait for final numbers later. Still lots of activity in both places. I am pretty sure I set late on the 6th, or possibly late on the 5th (lost my hatch a batch date when I had to do a reset on the phone). That makes these guys early I think.

I had to skip lots of posts recently, and I might have missed an update on the emu eggs!! Anyone know about them?

Back
Top Bottom