The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Orust chick update. There starting to feather a little bit. All are eating and drinking good. Still have no idea on sexes. Will just have to wait I guess. But there loving life. And I'll move them to the big brooder in a week I think.

Oh in other news. I own ducklings now witch some of you might know. I thought chick brooders got messy. Duckling brooders get messy quick. I have a container with a hole in it so they can dunk there heads in as well as there regular water. I have to clean these things numerous times a day. And had to get some Brewers yeast for niacin witch I had no idea I needed. Thank god I read a lot. But there messy but so DARN CUTE!!

I can't believe how fast my babies are growing. The one I thought would pass is as happy as the rest. I even found my 2 week old EE with several week old bantams hiding under her wings.
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
looks like she will be a good broody momma when she grows up. I'll have to mark her.

I have been just miserable all day.

A critter climbed in my shed window (that I forgot to close) and killed my entire brooder of chicks. Not just a few... all 41.i woke up to find 41 dead chicks, or what was left of them. It was just freaking horrible to clean up. The only silver lining is my older new bloodline faverolles were untouched.
Sounds like a raccoon. I'm so sorry.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom