The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

15 babies.  Whoot!

Babies!!!! We love pictures
1f61c.png

Just thought I'd post an update on my hatch. It didn't go so well, I only got two chicks out of it and one of them passed after hours of helping it get stronger when it got separated from its adoptive mother.

Anyways, X is the chick that survived and he is doing well. You can see where he got his name, there was an X on his shell. He needed a little help, but was otherwise strong and lively.

His brother/sister, Dash, was doing well until he got separated. He didn't actually have a Dash on his shell, but some of the eggs that were infertile did so I passed along the name.

The six eggs in the plastic bucket were infertile. The three that are opened were assisted hatching (Dash and X included, the last one, 25, didn't make it to hatch). The other four that were opened had died during development.

Anyways, it wasn't all bad. I've got another broody hen with a number of eggs, got some of her eggs in the incubator (in case another hen breaks hers or lets them go cold). X is doing well and growing up fast, even if he has no silings he gets to watch the three other clutches of chicks outside of his pen. I'll bet he'll join them when he is old enough that he won't drown in the water buckets. He only has to wait one more week. : )

Just thought I'd post an update on my hatch. It didn't go so well, I only got two chicks out of it and one of them passed after hours of helping it get stronger when it got separated from its adoptive mother.

Anyways, X is the chick that survived and he is doing well. You can see where he got his name, there was an X on his shell. He needed a little help, but was otherwise strong and lively.

His brother/sister, Dash, was doing well until he got separated. He didn't actually have a Dash on his shell, but some of the eggs that were infertile did so I passed along the name.

The six eggs in the plastic bucket were infertile. The three that are opened were assisted hatching (Dash and X included, the last one, 25, didn't make it to hatch). The other four that were opened had died during development.

Anyways, it wasn't all bad. I've got another broody hen with a number of eggs, got some of her eggs in the incubator (in case another hen breaks hers or lets them go cold). X is doing well and growing up fast, even if he has no silings he gets to watch the three other clutches of chicks outside of his pen. I'll bet he'll join them when he is old enough that he won't drown in the water buckets. He only has to wait one more week. : )

Better luck with this new batch! I only had a few hatch too. Worst hatch ever..wasn't the Easter Hatch A Long eggs, but the April's. I've never seen such bad air cells in all of my buying from online. Shipped eggs.
hmm.png

My hatch was less than eventful...
gig.gif
And I've had trouble with a couple of the chicks since.
th.gif
Thanks so much for your update!!

Love seeing the babies
love.gif
and hearing how things turn out!!

Back
Top Bottom