The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

The hatch a a long allows for setting two days before set day and two days after set day for the eggs to count towards the contests that rely on set numbers.

Flexibility is allowed because we do not want your hatch to be hurt by a schedule... or someone to be fired because the skipped work to set eggs at the exact time.

Skip work
ep.gif

If I actually worked for someone I would have been fired long ago!
gig.gif

Good thing about self employment, you can't fire yourself
yesss.gif

The hatch a a long allows for setting two days before set day and two days after set day for the eggs to count towards the contests that rely on set numbers.

Flexibility is allowed because we do not want your hatch to be hurt by a schedule... or someone to be fired because the skipped work to set eggs at the exact time.

Man, I set mine on Wed. night, because I need them to be hatched and doing well by Easter Day!

Getting a 50 egg incubator for free tomorrow! My mom will be picking it up but she won't be back until Sunday. And I'm getting another for free tomorrow also! But I get that one right away as my dad and I are Getting it

I'm so excited! This will be our first hatch-a-long. First time we've had our own roosters for fertilizing.

Last edited:
I'm setting way more eggs tomorrow than I had planned: 48 (FINAL NUMBER)

20 crele orps
9 jubilee orps
9 creme legbar
5 langshan
5 cuckoo breda

I had planned setting only crele and jubilee orpingtons tomorrow, but a VERY generous breeder not only dropped the price of the hatching eggs, she gave us all these extras at no charge. It's a real pleasure when you come across such wonderful people in the world.
love.gif
It was a six-hour round trip to pick up the eggs and make it back home, but well worth it.

I only had one egg turner, so I ended up using the money we saved and bought another turner for one of our other incubators. This will be a two-bator EHAL!

BTW, I know I can't include them in the EHAL count, but I probably will be setting silver-laced orpinton eggs within the next week or two.

Cheers!

@BantyChooks

I set 9 on wednesday and will be setting 3 more today/tomorrow

Ok just kidding. Setting 4 more. Total of 13 eggs. Decided to hatch a black austrorp serama cross egg for the heck of it. The serama and the BA both hatched for the easter hatch along 2 years ago!

Back
Top Bottom