The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

I recently bought some eggs on ebay to make sure my equipment works and to show kids what its like to incubate eggs. when they arrived each egg was completely bubble wrapped and taped up. My question is, is this ok? Do they need air? They were shipped on monday morning and received on tuesday afternoon.

I recently bought some eggs on ebay to make sure my equipment works and to show kids what its like to incubate eggs. when they arrived each egg was completely bubble wrapped and taped up. My question is, is this ok? Do they need air? They were shipped on monday morning and received on tuesday afternoon.

They should be fine. My JF came that way and 8/12 hatched. :jumpy
What kind did you get?

:frow

I'm sure they will be fine. If I have eggs posted to me they come in polystyrene that's taped up then the boxes are wrapped and taped. I've never had a problem. It sounds like they were shipped very well indeed and got to you in a timely manner.
Good luck with your eggs :fl

Last edited:

Sounds good to me. :idunno

They should be just fine. I received my Serama eggs that way, each egg individually wrapped in bubble wrap and tape, packed in pine shavings, and in a box inside of another box filled with newspaper. Today I have 12 of 15 developing nicely on day 14, 3 never did anything guessing they were just not fertile.

They should be just fine. I received my Serama eggs that way, each egg individually wrapped in bubble wrap and tape, packed in pine shavings, and in a box inside of another box filled with newspaper. Today I have 12 of 15 developing nicely on day 14, 3 never did anything guessing they were just not fertile.

:yesss: On your 12 that are developing!

Anyone hatching quail eggs this spring???

Sorry I'm afraid not but I would love to do some more in the future. They sure were cute little bumble bees when they hatched the last time I incubated some.
Are you thinking of doing some?

Sounds like they were shipped great! The less air that can get to the eggs before and during shipping, the better. More air=bigger air cells which means more chance for saddle and detached air cells.

Back
Top Bottom