The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

Just read the first page...so we have over a month before we set...correct?

Somehow Valentine's snuck up on me...I'm still in January apparently.:idunno
I don't want to miss the set date...lol.

Valentine's snuck up on me also! Wow! Run to town, what the heck! They're putting out Easter stuff..Where's the heart stuff!!
I need hearts not eggs!!
Found just enough I guess, DW and five kids still love me, shwewwhh...
:bow

The first batch is done hatching, 11 chicks out of 12 eggs set. These were SHIPPED eggs that had gotten delayed for 3 extra days! My second batch is hatching today, they are Golden Penciled Hamburgs
wee.gif

After this my incubators will be empty either til my hens start laying fertilized eggs or the weather is warm enough to order more.

Well the 3 I thought were dead in the egg 1 hatched and one is in the process of coming out the 3rd one I still have a little hope for it but not much if there is not a pip by today at 4 then i give up on the poor little thing its already 2 days past hatch day and the last one is on its way.

Quote: Whoa...you snuck under the wire on that one!
wink.png
Nice save!
thumbsup.gif

You are not the only one I'm sure.
Last case scenario...you can always do the cooking and take the family out.
Was in the co op food store and a working dude was there picking out some lovely roses for his lady...
gig.gif

Looked like a super quick stop in the middle of his work. He still had 4 hours left.

Hubby wanted to buy flowers but at $40 for a dozen roses...I was like
ep.gif
...um no. More chickens instead.
gig.gif

TBH, I didn't realize today was Valentines day till ten minutes ago.
gig.gif
Somebody turned the calendar ahead too quick! Ugh...can't keep up to this warp speed.
th.gif

18 eggs from my girls went into the incubator. Now waiting patiently (or impatiently) until I can candle and see if there are any babies developing.

The first batch is done hatching, 11 chicks out of 12 eggs set. These were SHIPPED eggs that had gotten delayed for 3 extra days! My second batch is hatching today, they are Golden Penciled Hamburgs
wee.gif

After this my incubators will be empty either til my hens start laying fertilized eggs or the weather is warm enough to order more.
thumbsup.gif
That's awesome!!

Well the 3 I thought were dead in the egg 1 hatched and one is in the process of coming out the 3rd one I still have a little hope for it but not much if there is not a pip by today at 4 then i give up on the poor little thing its already 2 days past hatch day and the last one is on its way.
Holy moly!
clap.gif
That's a nice surprise!

Back
Top Bottom