The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

My black orpingtons went into lockdown last night. Started with 10 and locked down 10. All of the eggs are full and the saddle air cells look completely normal now. Here's hoping for all 10 to hatch!

lau.gif

I went out to the garage last night & saw this: (The chicks peeked out when they saw the light go on.)
How does Cookie keep track of all of them?

I'm trying to keep it between 65 and 70 myself seems pretty steady there I have to add a little water about twice a day but not much
Humidity is generated by surface area not the depth of water in each tank or channel. Fill the tanks or channels that you are using to the top and you will not change humidity but will gain more time before needing to refill them.

I usually fill all my tanks to get 70% humidity because I live in a dry place. Others will need to add a dish with a sponge in it while some will only need to fill a couple of tanks.

Happy hatching!

Last edited:
Well then! I have a pip, on day 19. These are pretty good sized eggs too. Thing is, it's pipped, almost to the wrong end. Let's see how I can describe this. It isn't in the middle..but just a bit past the middle part of the egg. It's a pretty good sized pip, so I'm thinking this chick is going to work on this egg. :fl
I've had wrong way puppets hatch just fine. Keep an eye on the membrane though.
:lau

I went out to the garage last night & saw this: (The chicks peeked out when they saw the light go on.)
How does Cookie keep track of all of them?
[COLOR=B42000]
[/COLOR]
You should enter that first one in the broodies and their babies contest!

Humidity is generated by surface area not the depth of water in each tank or channel. Fill the tanks or channels that you are using to the top and you will not change humidity but will gain more time before needing to refill them. I usually fill all my tanks to get 70% humidity because I live in a dry place. Others will need to add a dish with a sponge in it while some will only need to fill a couple of tanks. Happy hatching!
I have the water channels full but also have a sponge so I can add some water if needed it's staying around 65 today I haven't needed any water so far today.

I have the water channels full but also have a sponge so I can add some water if needed it's staying around 65 today I haven't needed any water so far today.
You can add water through a vent using plastic tubing and a funnel. If you have a syringe, you can use that instead of the funnel. Surprisingly, some have syringes and surgical tubing for this. It surprises me when folks have stuff like that laying around....

Soon we will need to start doing this to keep out of the incubator!

Back
Top Bottom