The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

Had five cots hatch yesterday.

Awwh! I love cots, one of my favorite types of poultry.
love.gif

I just set a dozen pekin/blue swedish cross duck eggs and will be adding 2.5 dozen brown, cream, and olive eggs from my flock in a week. They will hatch just in time for me to set for this hatch-a-long!!!

Turns out he was just fine his. Problem was that there was no blood it's that the egg membrain was so tight he could not move it was like shrink rap on him. He is now free with my help and drying off in the Bator.ill post pics when he's dry

Last edited:
I need an answer quickly. I know you should not put the bator in direct sunlight, but can I put it in a place where there is some sunlight? There is lots of windows here!

I need an answer quickly. I know you should not put the bator in direct sunlight, but can I put it in a place where there is some sunlight? There is lots of windows here!

I'm sure there are people who put it in room with light. They do do hatches in classrooms after all. I personally though would find a cubby and put it there, not because of the light but because a small space will hold heat better.

Last edited:
Haha, I love getting tagged! :D
We'll see!

Lol. I honestly dont't know if I ever get tagged, because the only time it notified me was via email, and I had to unsubscribe from email notifications cause I was getting 50/day.

Mine sits in direct sunlight for 1 1/2 hours every morning and I had a 92% hatch rate. I wouldn't worry too much.

Back
Top Bottom