The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

The videos will start showing up sooner or later..may as well share my most favorite one of all, now.     :)

Hadn't seen that one, pretty amazing. I'll have to play that one for the kids. They're super exited, if it was up to them the bator would be full already :-D

We have new babies! 13 out of 14 buff orpingtons have hatched. 3 of 12 seramas so far, more have starting pipping. Can't wait to hatch again in March for the HAL.

We have a new rooster! A beautiful Silver Cookoo Maran. He is such a hansome guy.

Hoping to set some eggs, him over green laying easter eggers, Whiting True Blues and a Cookoo Maran

That's a good idea. Are they commonly terrible?
Sorry I'm so late in replying, I lost track yesterday :oops: Depends what kind you have? I have a cheap chinease incubator that needs a lot of babysitting and the temp is way off from what the incubator reads but once I got used to it's quirky ways it's not too bad. My first hatch in it was a disaster though as I made the mistake of trusting it and it cooked the eggs :( Once I had another thermometer in there I could adjust accordingly.
Happiness is holding a new born chick!!!!
I love this pic! :love

Last edited:
Welcome to all our new members of the HAL!

We have a new rooster! A beautiful Silver Cookoo Maran. He is such a hansome guy.

Hoping to set some eggs, him over green laying easter eggers, Whiting True Blues and a Cookoo Maran

Very nice :woot

Hi. I would love to participate in the Easter Hatch-a-long! :weee Just tell me what to do next :thumbsup

:frow
All you need to do is set your eggs so they will hatch on the Saturday before Easter Sunday. Post in the thread with how many you have set and have fun on the the thread :D In the first post of this thread there are all the set dates for differing species of eggs so they will hatch on that Saturday.

I will be setting! This will be my first hatch-a-long. I hope to learn a lot from you all!
1f60a.png

Welcome :frow

My new humidity gauge/ thermometer is here. Problem is my accurate thermometer is dead and my brother keeps forgetting to bring me a battery, so I have no idea if the thermometer is correct and I can't test it. Also, the meat thermometer that has saved many hatches has disappeared.

On the bright side, the humidity gauge is only 1% off the actual RH in the house. So, there's that.

My new humidity gauge/ thermometer is here. Problem is my accurate thermometer is dead and my brother keeps forgetting to bring me a battery, so I have no idea if the thermometer is correct and I can't test it. Also, the meat thermometer that has saved many hatches has disappeared.

On the bright side, the humidity gauge is only 1% off the actual RH in the house. So, there's that.

Ugh on things disappearing when you need them :(
Definitely no other way to test the temp?

Back
Top Bottom