The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

LL

Beautiful!!

I candled a couple.
So, I only candle seven of them, not going to candle all till day 7, but I am happy with what I saw.
All the eggs are marked (in pencil) with an x & o for turning, an A (for ancona) or M (for magpie. Next to the a or m is a letter. So I have
MA MB MC MD ME MF MG MH AA AB AC AD AE AF AG, & the mystery egg.
Here's the pics.
MA

MB

MC

MD

AD

AC (looking clear, but I'll wait)

AB Not as good of a pic.

yesss.gif
Aren't they cute?!
tongue.png

She is a bantam Favorelle!   She's puffed up a bit, but a cute little bantam.   Good mom.  :) 

And, I do know that Brahmams go broody.    Have a friend that had one..was a good mom too. 

Cute! Thanks for the reply. Beautiful birds! I'm hoping that Crystal (my Light Brahma) will go broody on me one of these days. Good luck, and happy hatching!

Last edited:
I candled a couple.
So, I only candle seven of them, not going to candle all till day 7, but I am happy with what I saw.
All the eggs are marked (in pencil) with an x & o for turning, an A (for ancona) or M (for magpie. Next to the a or m is a letter. So I have
MA MB MC MD ME MF MG MH AA AB AC AD AE AF AG, & the mystery egg.
Here's the pics.
MA

MB

MC

MD

AD

AC (looking clear, but I'll wait)

AB Not as good of a pic.

yesss.gif
Aren't they cute?!
tongue.png

Tiny Tots!
ya.gif

I want to participate! This would be awesome! Can I participate, even if I am hatching under a broody?
Yep, doesn't matter how they are hatched!

Quick question:
Does it matter if the eggs touch the sides of the incubator?
I've seen people get really creative at stacking eggs, so I don't think it really matters. The outer ones may be a bit cooler and might take a bit longer to hatch.

Quote: Gorgeous!

I will be joining this year. Two years ago I found out I was pregnant during the Easter Hatch A Long and you were all the firsts too know. A few months later my daughter was stillborn at 21 weeks...
Last year I planned to join but then when I started reading everyone's posts I just couldn't handle all the reminders. This year I am far enough a long in my grieving that I can handle it.....

I will be setting eggs...as soon as the eggs hatching in my incubator finisb and I set more eggs and they finish...and it is then finally time to set eggs for the hatch a long
I remember that.
hugs.gif
Glad you are able to join us!

My hubby got me this incubator for Christmas. Anyone have any experience with it? I just plugged it in this morning, I will check it when I go home for lunch to see how the temp is. I didn't put any water in it yet. I have been debating about returning it and getting the hova-bator 1588. Thoughts???? First timer here. Thanks!!

I have no experience with those incubators. @ronott1

I'm so excited! Look what just got here!
wee.gif
ya.gif
celebrate.gif

woot.gif

We are still looking for prize donations! Hatching eggs, chicken items, anything works! Please PM me if you would like to donate a prize for the contests!

Last edited:
Yep, doesn't matter how they are hatched!

I've seen people get really creative at stacking eggs, so I don't think it really matters. The outer ones may be a bit cooler and might take a bit longer to hatch.

Gorgeous!

I remember that.
hugs.gif
Glad you are able to join us!

I have no experience with those incubators. @ronott1

woot.gif
I am biased on this issue because I love the Genesis 1588!

I have not used this incubator but it looks like it would work fine. Some have issues with the 2250 holding steady temps. That happens with all styro bators. It is best to keep them in a place with stable temps in the 65 to 75 temperature range.

Always verify the temps with a couple of very good thermometers. Brinsea spot check and some of the good incutherm thermometers work well.
Use a second hygrometer too.

We are still looking for prize donations! Hatching eggs, chicken items, anything works! Please PM me if you would like to donate a prize for the contests!

Please donate!

Back
Top Bottom