The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

Im having that same issue with my young buff Orpington. Hes real big and pretty but getting to aggressive. Anybody know of a way to stop this? Id hate to put him down cause he attacks a child.

My Buff rooster is a jerk as well. He does it more out of trying to protect the hens though. If I move quietly and slowly through the pen, he leaves me alone and even acts a bit friendly by following me around with the rest of the flock. If I jump towards a hen and act threatening, I've been flogged before I know what hit me.

Well, my lil baby died. I was so heartbroken, I really thought she was on the uphill side. She'd come so far. I found her dead in her cup this morning and I flat out bawled. But I had a 93% hatch rate, 1% better then last time. Here's to 100% for Easter!

I'm going out of town tomorrow, so I'll be back Sunday, bit probably won't come back to BYC till Monday.

I had a very aggressive roo.  He was a rescue that was treated very bad but anyway to break him of attacking. Every time I went out to the yard I would seek him catch him and walk around with him in my arms while doing my chores, sometimes I didn't catch him but he is now a very calm rooster, I guess I had to put people on top of the pecking order.  He would sneak up on you when your back was turned and spur me  or anyone who came in the yard, he even drew blood from me through heavy jeans but really it did work.  Good luck and keep us updated.  

He does calm down when I pick him up. Its mainly when I have my back to him when he strikes. Ill have to pay more attention to him i guess. Maybe thats all hes asking for.

Hi everyone! Hopefully my peahens will start laying and I can set some of their eggs. If not, I guess a can set some Muscovy eggs.
big_smile.png

Hi cas!
frow.gif

Well, my lil baby died. I was so heartbroken, I really thought she was on the uphill side. She'd come so far. I found her dead in her cup this morning and I flat out bawled. But I had a 93% hatch rate, 1% better then last time. Here's to 100% for Easter!

I'm going out of town tomorrow, so I'll be back Sunday, bit probably won't come back to BYC till Monday.
hugs.gif

Have a safe trip!

Back
Top Bottom